Cobra intake, what do you do for the intake tube

Blenderhead

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am installing a cobra intake on my 98 LSC. The car is mostly back together, just need to extend the wires for the IAT and TPS sensors, and I also need to figure out something for the intake tube. I have a cobra intake tube, but that doesn't fit right and won't line up to the lincoln airbox. I need to get this thing back together today because I have to drop it off this afternoon to get dyno tuned. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

I have the cobra intake tube, it doesn't line up with the lincoln airbox. The lincoln intake tube is even worse because the stock manifold has the TB coming out pointing directly to the side, but the cobra one has it angled a bit. I'm thinking I may just buy one of the ricer CAI things at autozone and cut that up to make it work, but I would like to keep it looking stock if possible.

I thought the stock tube worked, but my swap is different. I used a Gen 2 intake tube on my gen 1 since the Cobra intake tube would also not fit at all.

I still have B heads on the car. The C heads are sitting in my garage, but I don't have enough ambition to swap them out yet, plus I don't have a C intake.

94m5, you have a pic of what you are talking about with trimming the stock intake tube? The way I'm imagining it, if I were to do that I think there would be no way it would seal.

;)

IMG00814 (Medium).jpg

OK, I figured it out. I used the cobra intake tube, and at the airbox I cut off the end of it where the MAF stuck through and where the lincoln intake tube attached. That gave me some flexibility where the MAF is positioned, and I was able to tweak the end of the cobra intake tube enough to get it attached and sitting in the airbox. The only problem with this is I can't keep the original mount for it that sits in there, so I went to the ricer aisle and picked up a MAF adapter and a short cone filter, so now the MAF has a cone filter right on the end of it, and all that is hidden inside the stock airbox. It looks stock from 10ft away, so that's good enough for me.

I took the air box apart, MAF is exposed and the rest of the air box is still there. Looks stock to me and woorks fine.

That looks really clean. I am hoping mine comes out that clean.

Members online

No members online now.
Back