Cobra intake/MMR Deletes/Aeromotive FPR

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I decided it's time to get serious and get the Cobra intake manifold and the MMR IMRC deletes along with an Aeromotive FPR. My question is will the Aeromotive FPR fit on the Mark VIII rail with the Cobra intake installed?

No I had to remove my adjustable fpr. also Cut about an inch off the cobra egr port. No fuel pressure guage will fit either. May be alot better getting the cobra fuel rails.

OK, good to know before I ordered the Aeromotive FPR... so did you have any issues with tuning with your IMRC delete trick? CEL?

No never had an issue with the deletes. Mine are welded open and the controller is unplugged. NO CEL

I just ordered these bad boys:
IMRC.jpg

Are you using the stock cobra intake tube?

If I got the Cobra fuel rails is it pretty much a direct swap for the Mark VIII rails?

For the fuel rails I'm not really sure. I thought the fuel lines hook up at a differrent location. And the vac line to fpr and Pulse modulator would have to be rerouted.

OK well I guess my real question would be do you really need a FPR with our OBD2 tuned cars? I had a Kirban on my 95 LSC and it didn't seem to work properly...

Let me know how you like the MMR deletes. I have a set of epoxied deletes I am going to try with the PSR Cobra intake but was thinking about the ones from MMR.

I have the Cobra fuel rails and am going to use whatever is easier to put back together. I have the Cobra JLT intake that will go on too. You'll probably be done before me though. I have to run over the the FedEx warehouse today to pick my cams and still have to get springs and a few other things plus I am planning on powdercoating the intake before it goes on.

Why did you want to go with an aftermarket FPR? Most guys seem to be doing just fine with the stock one and your using a wet kit.

How much were those somebitches?!? I'm still dragging my feet on the intake instal on the 94. Those may be the kickin the boot I need.

They were 249.99 but I got 10 bucks off, here's the polished Cobra intake I bought...
!BT7E(2gBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKK+pEZ64g~~_1.jpg

how much do 96+ cobra intake run for these days?
will you loose a lot of low end power/tq with the cobra intake?

Should have stayed with your stock plastic IMRC ,just make a deletes out of them yourself.It would have been lot cheaper and they don't transfer heat into your intake manifold like aluminum ones.

your not loosing anything from the heat transfer. if your worried about heat transfer of the intake charge that close to the heads............

According to SHM, plastic is better:

The plastic version is more desirable due to the larger port passages and the insulating qualities of plastic that transfer less heat to the intake from the cylinder head.

98LSC32V I'll go snap a pic of the Cobra rails next to a gen 2 Mark rail in about 30 minutes after I shower cause I smell like diesel... ICK!

Also why do you want to delete your IMRC's?

98LSC32V I'll go snap a pic of the Cobra rails next to a gen 2 Mark rail in about 30 minutes after I shower cause I smell like diesel... ICK!

Also why do you want to delete your IMRC's?

I don't need IMRC's with the 4.30's and nitrous. They are a restriction with my mods, i'm gonna be putting on a different intake manifold might as well delete them while I'm doing that. I'm also considering getting the intake runners shortened professionally.

I don't need IMRC's with the 4.30's and nitrous. They are a restriction with my mods, i'm gonna be putting on a different intake manifold might as well delete them while I'm doing that. I'm also considering getting the intake runners shortened professionally.

I agree with 4.30s you should be fine without them. I don't really think there is much to be gained, maybe with the nitrous. The few dyno tests I have seen show a loss of 2-3 HP under 2500rpm and maybe 5HP on the top end. Well within the margin of error for the dyno. At least there is one less thing you have worry about breaking. And Sean 60's 1.9xs with 3.73s a stall and Cobra intake and welded open IMRCs.

I say go for the PSR. Done right they shouldn't take off more then an inch or so and with some porting you get some nice gains with neglible loss of low end. Like I said you will probably be done before me and almost definitely be done before I get my car on the dyno after but I don't think I will lose much low end with a PSR Cobra intake and deletes. Maybe a little more so from the cams. I have a stall and 4.10s anyway(hoping to switch to 4.56s next year)

Where can I get a PSR short runner? Do I ship them the intake? I'm planning on getting a high stall converter eventually as well...

The only reason I want to keep them is for the DD aspect, I want them CLOSED while I'm cruising down the road.

The only problem is that the lines come out on the wrong side on a gen 2 to use the Cobra rails. My plan is to use the Cobra rails with first gen fuel lines... but if you are deleting EGR (silly...) then just use the Mark lines and grind the EGR fitting...

Hell if I were deleting EGR I cut the whole "nub" off the intake and weld the hole shut... it would look freaking clean...

Members online

No members online now.
Back