Cobra caliper upgrade issues

Silver06S281

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, gathering parts to do the hub swap and cobra brake upgrade on my 93. Some issues have come up and have me alittle confused. Found a set of 03 cobra calipers loaded with new pads and brake hoses off craigslist local and scooped them up for a steal of $120. I didnt think the caliper brackets would be so hard to find or so expensive. Will the stock 03 lines connect to the mark's?

Compare the end of the hose (opposite end of the banjo fitting) to the end of the mark viii flex hose and see if its the same diameter..I just hub swapped and switched to cobra front brakes except I used to stock mark viii brake lines/flex hose. The only thing I had to do was clearance/grind a little bit of the "step" on the back of the caliper where the banjo fitting connects on the passenger side only..drivers side bolts up just fine. FYI buy new banjo bolt washers..the old ones flatten out and don't seal well once removed. Frank (right on the mark) has a picture showing the area to clearance on the caliper if you choose to do that.

the brackets will cost you, no way around it imo;
re; the brake lines, do yourself a favor and get new ones..if you're coil swapped you can use t bird lines that will cost less than mark lines ....as K said, the front pass side line end needs to be tapered to fit the dual piston caliper....I used a bench grinder
---
P8020546_zps38701e10.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back