Cloverfield

aaronearles

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone else happen to catch the white first gen in Cloverfield? My girl made fun of me for pointing it out lol.

Didn't see it. But did anyone see the splash in the ocean at the very end when Beth says "I had a really good day", while they are on the ferris wheel?. Supposedly it was the monster arriving. I didn't see the splash, but several people did. It is in the upper right hand corner and possibly for scale there is a big tanker out in the ocean by the splash. I missed that little deatail, but it adds to the movie I think! Great movie, although not what I expected.

didn't catch that either. Car database, for movies? Never heard of that.

I'm gonna go see the movie today so now I'll have to keep an eye out for it hehe :D

Shame on me for not recognizing that as an LS! I do remember that car actually, I noticed the rims. Thought it was a Bimmer-Imagine that! If I remember right that was when the four were separated on either side of the street as the Army came in launching missles and rockets and such?

Didn't see it. But did anyone see the splash in the ocean at the very end when Beth says "I had a really good day", while they are on the ferris wheel?. Supposedly it was the monster arriving. I didn't see the splash, but several people did. It is in the upper right hand corner and possibly for scale there is a big tanker out in the ocean by the splash. I missed that little deatail, but it adds to the movie I think! Great movie, although not what I expected.

+1 also didn't notice i think it was my ass falling asleep...but the four other people i went with noticed it also...movies not bad kinda disappointed about the lack of an explenation...

I didn't notice it either. A lot of people hated that movie but I thought it was pretty genious. Everyone didn't like the monster etc. but what monster could you really put in there that would be "acceptable". If you really look that movie was very well put together, the purpose was to put you in the same shoes as one of the people and not let you know whats going on.

I don't think it was the monster, according to the viral websites, I believe it was the Slusho satellite falling into the water. Slusho had inadvertently created the monster from their drink product, and Rob was going to Japan to work for Slusho. A couple of the characters in the movie are wearing Slusho T-shirts.

Here's the explanation SPOILERS SPOILERS:

"Slusho is a drink made from an undersea lifeform/nectar/entity. It isn't known exactly what this ingredient is, all that is known is that the creator of Slusho had a dream about finding it and evolving from a small fish to a huge whale.

At the end of the film a piece of the japanese company TAGRUATO which made a satellite fell from the sky. this was part of the viral advertising. also in the viral advertising they said they went and searched for the piece...that is how the monster was awoken from his sleep in the deep TRENCHES of the ocean. SLUSHO. slusho is partners with the company TAGRUATO, they also searched in deep in the ocean for ingredients for their drink. (this is also shown through viral advertising on the back of the CHIEF picture on 1-18-10 pic and the SLUSHO website made for viral advertising) at the end of the film played backwards a voice says, its alive. period.

So basically in the last scene that takes place at Coney's Island, you can see a satellite(That belongs to the company Rod works for) fall into the ocean. The monster is awakened when they go into the ocean to try and find it."

Interesting, although I was told that the monster was not a sea monster at all. It was an alien life form. I'll quote an exec who was commenting on the film, "It is basically about what would happen if an giant alien tore apart Coney Island". I was anticipating a sea monster as well, but I read that and thought to myself prepare to be disappointed. I was not disappointed with the movie at all, just the monster.

I thought it would be really funny if it was just a sequel to Godzilla. SInce the movie was so secretive in all the previews this summer. oh well still was enjoyable :)

How did I miss all this stuff about SLUSHO and that... was there a lot of hype leading up to the movie or something? I saw one commercial that was very vague and my girlfriend wanted to go so I went, expecting to be disappointed, I was not however. One thing I did notice, is when I went to lookup showtimes, I read a review that said "If you've been following along, this movie is exactly what you expected it to be, if you haven't, it's nothing like what you were expecting." So I guess that says a lot, in my case anyway.

So anyway, am I missing something?

Members online

No members online now.
Back