Chrome Door Pillars FTW!!!

DCU1976

LVC Member
Reaction score
Since I bought my car I hated the faded black pealing paint on my door pillars (see first picture). I contemplated painting them black. However, I wanted a chrome finish. I went to my local part stores looking for a paint that would give me the chrome look I was going for. One store had pillar covers (4 pieces in total) for $65+tax. Another didn't even have them in stock (apparently, they are quite popular)! And after seeing them on an employee’s car I was convinced that I didn't want to deal with painting them. So, I went online and found a seller on eBay who was selling pillar covers for almost half ($35 shipped) what the local part stores were selling them for. Additionally, there were 6 pieces instead of 4! After researching I discovered they have a more superior product then what I could obtain locally. Obviously, I purchased them immediately. After installation (which was a breeze), THE LOOK IS FANTASTIC! They look almost factory and I’m confident they increased the value of my car as well as the appearance! I absolutely love them and wanted to share them with the rest of the community. If you hate, or even dislike your door pillars I highly recommend you try this product out. Here is a link to the exact set I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230684567161...84.m1439.l2649

My car is a 98 Town Car Signature Touring Edition, but they have them for practically any car that has door pillars. Do yourself and your car a favor and get a set, you won't be sorry! I have attached pictures before and after, you have to agree they look AWESOME!

1998 Town Car Signature Touring Edition driver's side.jpg

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00059.jpg

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00030.jpg

I want a set as well but after i got my chome handles i think it might be a bit much but after looking at yours.........hmmmmmmm

I bought my 2006 with em, I don't know if they are stock or not, but I agree they look good on these boats, especially with the lighter colors and dark tint. My car also has the chrome fender tips.

I just bought a 99 and I was going to do the same thing. Looks good and I will do it for sure now.

My 04 came with them. A word of warning - Do not ever use chrome polish on them, or your OEM chrome wheels if you have them. They are top coated with a thin layer of clear plastic to protect them, and that coating will scratch easily if you're not careful.

The only problem those OEM chrome door pillars cause on my 04 Limited is smeared fingerprints only on my wife's side of the car!

Members online

Back