Chirp 2nd in SST

Reaction score
Can anyone else get there LS to chirp 2nd. Im runnin Phantom ZRX 255/45's, and was kinda surprised the other day when it happened.

The fact that your car chirps second doesn't necessarily mean much. There's a lot of variables that go into that scenario. Available traction, tire type/size/inflation, vehicle load, ambient temp, trans temp, engine temp etc, etc, etc.

shift kits, drilled valve bodies, sticky tires...

Your right, Katshot, doesn't mean much just cuz you chirp 2nd, might be a broken valve spring. LOL

You still gotta love the whip lashin' from it tho, still fun ! :woowoo2:

I don't chirp second. Put I can keep the wheels spining all the way through first from a stand still. I don't like it. But it is kinda cool seeing the rpm go up so fast and then change gears into second. That just puts you in your seat and my girl going, whoa. . .

I only tried it(did it) once. It was neat to see that it can be done - but I perfer not to treat my lincoln that way.
And StraDog - didn't the Mark VIII have a much bigger engine?

I do it from time to time when I feel like playing. With my car, it's pretty easy to smoke 'em up at will (and that's with 255/55-17 tires on a 4500lb. car). Burns right through the 1-2 shift and then catchs traction. Unfortunately, it tends to bog at that point since road speed is rather low compared to what it SHOULD be.

Sifrino3 said:
Cobra wannabe motor. I do not sit and do burnouts. For the fact I do not like to treat my Lincoln like that, also!

Actually is the FIRST Cobra Motor and , to my understanding, isn't your VII nitrous equipped...?
I'm treating my Lincoln better than you are ! :)
:joke

Members online

Back