check engine soon light? glitch?

Jeffsignatureseries

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum, and am very gklad I found it, lots of information, and friendly people! I am recently bought a 1991 Lincoln Continental Signature Series, white with navy blue interior...it is in great shape no marks on the outside or the interior, very well maintained, it has 51,000 miles, and I got it for $1600...the only problem is that the check engien soon light comes on every now and then, and from what I heard, supposedly it is some sort of glitch int he computer system that people have been havign a problem with...and I heard it happens in models from 1990- 1992? Anyone here of this before? if so, anyone know how I can fix it besides having the computer reset by a mechanic? I had this problem with my old car, a 1990 pontiac grand prix...if my gas cap wasn't on all the way my light would go on, but when I took it to the gas station they were able to reset it...with the lincoln, they can't do that it doesn't work...but they said everythign is perfect when they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine...I was just wonderign if anyone knew what the problem is? My car is inspected until 2006, but when I go to inspect it again, I need to have this problem fixed otherwise I will fail inspection...any help is appreciated...Thanks!

maybe your oxygen sensor is trying to go out thats what my mechanic told me to replace but i've yet to do it , and there pretty cheap to, just not enough time in the day

Members online

No members online now.
Back