Check AdvanceTrac, ABS/TC appear to work

FDR

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My AdvanceTrac light came on, but there's no ABS light (yes, it lights up on startup). Based on searching, it's likely the yaw or steering angle sensor. Is there anything I can check before bringing it to the dealer (work). Can I only check for debris on the steering sensor?

Possibly relevant:

-The light stays on solid until a drive wheel slips, then it blinks a few times, then returns to solid

-I replaced the clockspring ~75miles before getting the light

-The night before getting the light, I pulled out a pair of earbuds that wrapped around the front right suspension. It didn't seem taut but one bud wedged between the disc and debris shield

-ABS works. It seems like I have traction control, but it just keeps the drive wheels in time with each other. It feels like an LSD with TC off. It'll kick out and maintain a bit of a slide, like a nifty "Sport" TC mode. It doesn't reduce throttle nearly as much as before.

If there's nothing useful found before bringing it to work tomorrow morning, at least this thread will list a set of symptoms I haven't come across before. All the recent threads seem to be "light on, dealer scanned it, replaced [ABS/yaw/steering angle] sensor" with few details, so someone else can at least have an idea of what to expect

...-The night before getting the light, I pulled out a pair of earbuds that wrapped around the front right suspension. It didn't seem taut but one bud wedged between the disc and debris shield...

Where did the rest of the jogger end up?

The jogger who lost his earbuds when I ran him over?

The wire was around the lower control arm, tie rod, and maybe the sway bar or end link. The wire didn't seem to be wrapped tightly. The only resistance came from the wedged earbud for the few moments it was still attached. I took the wire out before removing the wheel, just by turning all the way left and right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back