charging issue

LSC91

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys please give me some guidance. I've got a 92 lsc. As of right now I have a cold air intake along with a mass air install and swapped out the alternator to a 130 amp. I did this because I was taking out my smog pump and the lower ear on the bracket broke. I bought a mustang brake which is smaller so I thought it would be a great time to upgrade.i bought a 95 mustang alternator from a yard and installed it just like I've read. I cut the 2 wires off the external regulator and soldered them into the internal regulator wires then added a 4 gauge wire from the back post over to the solenoid battery terminal with a 175 amp fuse in between. When I first fire the car up it charges at 14.5 volts but as the car warms up it decreases. I had it running one day and it died. Tried tho restart it and the battery was dead. I took the alternator off and tested it at auto zone, it came back as fine no problems. I really installed it and had same problem as it warms up it decreases it's charging. I then took it to a very reputable rebuilder. He tested it and said it was fine. I told him my concerns and he said he would change it to a 1 wire 130 amp internal regulator. After he did that he tested again to show me it worked and it was great. Still same issue. Along with this alternator I replaced the battery. Today I swapped out that alternator for a new alternate and still having the same issue. What on earth am I missing. Please help. I don't drive this as a daily driver yet and this is kind of one of the reasons. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Back