Changing the Coils in a 2000 Ls v8?

You might want to look at the TECH ARTICLES for both coil and spark plug replacement at the top of the page. Hard to beat OEM parts, the ones the engine was designed to run on.

You might want to look at the TECH ARTICLES for both coil and spark plug replacement at the top of the page. Hard to beat OEM parts, the ones the engine was designed to run on.

Sometimes. The ones the engine was designed to run on suck equally as much as any other ones. I dont know anyone on this page who hasn't had cop problems with any brand.:(

With that said stay away from global automotive brand ones on ebay. They are the worst.

wow that's very cheap i think i will be heading this route in a few weeks!! thanks for link

Sometimes. The ones the engine was designed to run on suck equally as much as any other ones. I dont know anyone on this page who hasn't had cop problems with any brand.:(

Original OEM COP'S six years, no problem. Now that I have bragged things may change, but still under extended warranty.

Original OEM COP'S six years, no problem. Now that I have bragged things may change, but still under extended warranty.

Must be the dry air in reno that keeps them good! lol. you have an 04 also. I am under the understanding that the coil packs on the gen II where bieng manufactured different or improved from the originals and that the new motorcraft packs are higher quality than the original ones being made for the genI. But I may be mistaken.

Must be the dry air in reno that keeps them good! lol. you have an 04 also. I am under the understanding that the coil packs on the gen II where bieng manufactured different or improved from the originals and that the new motorcraft packs are higher quality than the original ones being made for the genI. But I may be mistaken.

They (Ford) are trying to make them better. I think they've been though five or more versions so far.

Two coils in my 04 starting have trouble at about 60K miles. I changed the plugs at about 70-75K miles. Two more went at 90 something K miles. Another one starting giving trouble at around 120K miles, so I replaced the remaining ones. I'm not sure what the odometer's at now.
So far, no coil problems on my 06. It's a little under 70K miles.

I have global automotives COPs. Almost a year and no problems. Someone just brought this up.. About Global. Look at Outcast's thread "another ebay coil bites the dust"..

most likely people on here will say oem, but just like fastlls i have not had any problems and have had them for about 8 months

Like the other folks have said you should be aware of who you purchase the cops from on E-Bay. Here's my experince in dealing with a company on E-Bay. I changed my plugs 3,200 miles ago along with all new cops from global- automotive out of Miami on E-BAy. I used dielectric grease when installing them. All of a sudden No 4 decided to start missing. Per Global these parts are guaranteed! Well I've sent two (2) emails twice each to the two email addresses provided over three (3) weeks ago and still have not gotten any response. Also tried calling and left messages but, no return call. Yet there still selling cops on E-bay! Suggest you stay away from them even though they claim a lifetime warranty they apparently have no desire to make good on any defects. I changed the bad cop with new one from NAPA and all is good! Hope this helps! Good luck!

Members online

Back