changed pcv, anymore advice?

dott

LVC Member
Reaction score
had four codes P0171,P0174,P1565,P1461 the first two im not worried about my clock spring is out and the a/c im sure needs Freon cause it has a leak every time I recharge it blows back at me through the port next to the low side port. do I need to be worried about all the oil all over the bottom on the intake? the reason for the change is because the car stalls at idle the rpms will go up and down and than eventually shut off. I looked all over the form and there is a ton of INFO so at this point I need some advice as what I should replace or do while I have it taken apart. I have already replace the pcv valve the pcv hose did have a tear I just replaced it like less than a year ago.

DSCN0340.jpgDSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

...and the a/c im sure needs Freon cause it has a leak every time I recharge it blows back at me through the port next to the low side port. ...

These cars (like everything since the mid/late 90's) do no use Freon (R-12). They use Suva, R-134a.
The "port" next to the low side port is the high side emergency pressure relief valve. It's possible that it has failed and is always open, but since you also have a code for the high side pressure sensor... It seems possible that you have massively overcharged the AC system or that you expansion valve is clogged. You have been monitoring the high side pressure while trying to fill the system, right??? That's the only way to do it correctly.

When it stalls at idle its usually a vacuum leak or the IAC valve on the throttle body. Not sure if the V8 has the IAC but my 01V6 does, remove it 2 bolt, clean it out with carb cleaner, reinstall. Another trick is to press gas peddle half way and try to start car, if starts and runs but dies if you let off gas, then replace IAC valve.

Members online

Back