Central Florida (Orlando) Meet

Iszi

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After the trouble in gathering a group for, and final low turnout we (MarkVIII.org) had at a Vero Beach meet we tried awhile back, I was beginning to worry that the Floridian Mark VIII was an endangered species or something. But more recently, I've been running across a lot more Central Floridian Mark VIII owners here and on MarkVII.org than I ever realized we had - especially in Orlando!

So, I'd like us all to try and arrange a meet in the middle of the state this time. There's two guys in Orlando on LvC (other than myself) that I know of, one on MarkVIII.org , and a few others within reasonable (1 hr or less) range outside of the city. So I don't think it would be too difficult to have six or more Mark VIIIs in one place in Orlando, especially if some of the guys further out decide to join the party.

Personally, I'm not sure exactly where would be a good place to get all of us together, or what would be good ideas for event activities just yet. But even if we just get together in a parking lot and shoot the breeze for awhile, maybe following up with some food at a local restaurant, that would still be cool. (That's pretty much what ended up happening at Vero.) Any other ideas are very welcome.

From past experience I know these meets aren't something that can usually be thrown together in a hurry. Also, I know some of us (myself definitely) are currently trying to work out mechanical problems with our vehicles. So, I would suggest an initial target zone of sometime mid-summer for this meet. Anything that could be arranged sooner would be just gravy.

I'll be cross-linking this thread with the one I've already posted on MarkVIII.org so that everyone can peek in on the other side to see how things are working out on each end.

So, who's in?

I always thought it might be cool to meet somewhere like "Old Town."

Last I knew (although this was years ago) they did have Friday/Saturday night cruises down there. I know some of you guys probably have cars that look good enough to qualify for that, if you want to! Mine needs some body/paint and interior work before I would even think about it, but I'd love to see it happen!

i have made several attempts to get a meet together. it fell through sooo many times. so i stopped! but i would not mind going to a meet. just set a date/time/place and ill be there

Are us LS owners welcome also? We should make it an all Ford Meet, or mostly Lincolns.

I want to go. Not May 5 or 6 (Southeastern Nationals) and not memorial day weekend. (Going to vegas).

Somebody start a poll thread with date and location. That would give everyone a chance to vote and actually look ahead and see what they have open.

LS owners welcome, caddys too. this is LincolnVsCadillac so why the hell not!

Actually, the original intent was to gather Mark VIII owners in particular. (No offense intended to anyone.) There might be one LS standing in for a recently totaled Mark though, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have more to go with it.

Actually, the original intent was to gather Mark VIII owners in particular. (No offense intended to anyone.) There might be one LS standing in for a recently totaled Mark though, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have more to go with it.

i did not know you wanted to keep it strickly marks! whatever the case maybe, the whole point of having a successful meet is to have all people from this site and the other one ( if they are not already on here that is) to get together. even its lincoln or cadillac

Well I'm in just give me a date and a place. Only problem with "old town" is parking is horrible on Fri/Sat other than that it could be a fun time.
Also as much as I would like to see only mark owners at the event, I think we would have a much better turnout and a funner time if the rest of the site was welcome as well.

I just thought Old Town was cool because-

A. Fairly easy to get to
B. Cheap.
C. Stuff to do- be it an arcade, bumper cars, or junk food.
D. They often have really good car shows.
E. If we were to take photos for the website, they'd look good against the backdrop.

I'm not "show" ready since some arse hit my car while parked on the street. Now I have a big scratch on my bumper and rear quarter panel.

E. If we were to take photos for the website, they'd look good against the backdrop.

I'm not "show" ready since some arse hit my car while parked on the street. Now I have a big scratch on my bumper and rear quarter panel.

I'd just worry about enough parking to get us all lined up nicely against that backdrop.

My car's nowhere near "show-ready" nor will it probably be for a long time, but it's always up for a meet! :)

Also, here's a quote from Asysz in the thread on MarkVIII.org:

It doesnt matter if you bring a moped... Its usually the people that make these meets the best.

All are welcome! :)

Iz where is the location of the meet, im trying to get my LS show ready, im going to add some mods before the show, maybe add some flowmaster muffs with an air intake and k&n filter, and some other stuff.

How about April 21, or 28
How about May 19
How about June 2, 9, or 16.

April 8 is Easter
May 13 is Mothers Day
May 26,27,28 is Memorial Day Weekend
June 17 is Fathers Day

What does everyone prefer, sooner or later, cooler or hotter. Its fu<kin hot in June.

Bump, can I get some help here. I plan on going to a show in Orlando, I think it is April 14th.

Bump, can I get some help here. I plan on going to a show in Orlando, I think it is April 14th.

Where exactly is the show? At the rate things are (not) going with my transmission, I'll probably be a no-show myself. But, if you give us some more info, I could pass it on to the MarkVIII.org group and see if something works out.

Just wanted to bump this tyhread see if there was any events going on in the central florida area or if anyone was still interested in throwing an event together let me know i'm game.

Hot Import Nights in July is the next big show in Orlando. Jacksonville Florida Southeast Nationals next weekend. Car show in Gainesville coming up.

since the bad weather here is almost behind us, I think we should have a get together soon. This is driving me nuts that ppl from this state, can not spare one day to hang out. I am open to any suggestions of a date/place. come on guys let's do this for once!

Members online

No members online now.
Back