Central Fla. members

straps

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I live in South Fla. and am looking to buy a vacation type place somewhere in central Fla. Looked at a couple of places in Ocala area and Putnam County but havn't found anything yet. Thought that someone out there might know of something.
Nothing fancy. NO GATED , NO HOMEOWNERS ASSN. Rural, remote. Maybe on water. Strictly a place to Get out of Dodge.
Thanks, Rich

straps said:
Hi,
I live in South Fla. and am looking to buy a vacation type place somewhere in central Fla. Looked at a couple of places in Ocala area and Putnam County but havn't found anything yet. Thought that someone out there might know of something.
Nothing fancy. NO GATED , NO HOMEOWNERS ASSN. Rural, remote. Maybe on water. Strictly a place to Get out of Dodge.
Thanks, Rich

Honestly, the market up here is so hot homes have contracts within days new or old. I have been looking at homes from apollo beach to dade city and it is slim pickings.

eL eS said:
Honestly, the market up here is so hot homes have contracts within days new or old. I have been looking at homes from apollo beach to dade city and it is slim pickings.

Thanks for the reply. The market is pretty much the same down here. I could sell my home in a couple of days for about 4x what I paid , but the new place would be outrageous. I think that there are still some affordable places around but you have to really search. I've been looking around Ocala , maybe in the forest area, and still see some vacation type properties available because some of them have deed restrictions as to what you can build on them. I might be a few years too late though.
A few years back, a friend of mine bought a house near Disney. Got a great deal because there was so much construction and not enough buyers. Now prices have gone through the roof and he made a killing. I should have listened. OH well.......
Rich

my wife has relatives in sunrise and now that their kids have grown and move out they dont need the big 5 room house but cant sell it becasue they cant get their hands on a nice affordable 2 or 3 bedroom home. It is just insane right now in florida.

I have a pretty decent home on a conservation lot that we got into for about 125 and it is valued at 200 now. Not bad for a first time home. I am looking for somehting off the beaten path right now as well but I want to remain within 20 - 25 miles of tampa whether it be to the north, east or south.

Acerage is hard to come by and even if you get it good luck finding a builder that has enough free time to build on it for you. So we may just sit where we are at for now. It is close to good schools and we have a great backyard but I wouldnt mind getting out of a HOA neighborhood. Bunch of pains in the ass is all they are.

Members online

No members online now.
Back