Center console light

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the size of the bulb that lights up the shift gears on the center console? Has anyone ever replaced that light? For a gen1.

I have the same question and problem. I just dont remember there must be light or not, so i haven't asked yet. :D Also for my gen1 is something wrong with those bulb or bulbs.

Uhh.. I think they are molded into the shifter assembly.. I'll take a pic when I get home.. I have a shifter sitting in my living room.. :)

I was wondering the same thing. My SST (+ -) light is working but my D,R, N, P isn't working. I popped up the plastic and looked underneath but couldn't get a great view and wasn't really able to get my hand in there. However, it does seem to be a sealed unit. Maybe the bulb slides out from beneath?

There is one light that lights them all up.. Of course..

I don't think it's replaceable.. Again, I'll get a picture when I get home

I have a gen 2 - 03 and I could be wrong totally wrong here, but I think there are two lights. When I had the plastic up, I think I saw wires running to the (+ -) and wires running to the other side. If there is one bulb, why is the SST side (+ -) still lit but the other side (P, R, N D) isn't? Maybe gen 1's are different?

Btw, it's too damn cold here to go out and start digging around in the car so gladly correct me if I'm wrong :)

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Yea.. I was wrong.. Can't tell you the bulb number though..

SST shifter has TWO lights, both on the driver's side. Standard shifter has ONE light.
Very strange that the + and - light up, but not the others. The lights actually are at the P/R/N/D side, and there are light guides that reach over to the +/-. Might just be dirty?
Just pull it and take a look. Can be done in less than half an hour. The top plate just pops off the shifter. Pull the upper console, pull the shifter knob, pull up on the shifter top plate. Comes right out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back