CD's stuck in my in-dash cd changer

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought my LS and all 6 cd's are stuck in the in-dash cd changer is there anyway that I can fix this or get them out?

I sometimes have this issue I push down on the face plate a lil where the cd ejects and it just re aligns itself, It's weird happens randomly but yeah. Do you hear the motor working? Changing Cd's? Cycling through them?

I had this issue in my 03. Tried all kindsa crap to get it out. What you have to do is pull the fuse out from the fuse panel located on the passenger's side down where the passenger's foot would be when sitting. I pulled the fuse out and when I put it back in it spit the cd out.

Had this problem at about 50-60K miles on my '02. If you are experiencing the deck trying to cycle but not ejecting, use another disk to help align things by sliding it part way in to sorta help things come loose. Mine was very touchy about 'home-burnt disks. It was a thickness problem. I ultimately had to stop using home made and I also had a service do a 'tune-up' of the deck. At 142K miles it's still, now, doing fine.
KS

Edit to add---
You may well be able to look in and see one or more disk edges. You might try to pull them out by using a pair of needle-nose pliers. Since mine wasn't working well, I went into 'Car Tunes' to look into buying an aftermarket deck. They told me that it just needed a 'tune-up'. I took them at their word and it's worked just fine ever since. It cost about $100 as I remember. KS

Last edited:
I ultimately had to stop using home made and I also had a service do a 'tune-up' of the deck. At 142K miles it's still, now, doing fine.
KS

What exactly does a tune up of the deck do for it? Mine seems to be getting progressively more and morefinicky about burnt disks. It's making me consider more heavily adding an axillary input on my SAT button.

I sometimes have this issue I push down on the face plate a lil where the cd ejects and it just re aligns itself, It's weird happens randomly but yeah. Do you hear the motor working? Changing Cd's? Cycling through them?

No cycling sounds, when I put the key in or attempt to eject it just says "CD ERROR"

y not just get an aftermarket headunit, ive never kept a stock headunit for more then a day on the cars ive had. i've only had 4 different cars, but still..

y not just get an aftermarket headunit, ive never kept a stock headunit for more then a day on the cars ive had. i've only had 4 different cars, but still..

I just prefer the clean lines and blending in with the rest of the car with a stock unit. Call me goofy but hey I'm a design student and like clean undisturbed designs.

I like my factory 6 disc in dash with Nav so shove that AVIC bull:q:q:q:q up your ass, I dont want aftermarket.

Yeah wish I had the Nav cause I love the 6 disc, even though I use my Iphone adapter

wait a minute, you guys still use CD's? I thought those things went the way of the dinosaur. can you even buy those things any more?

wait a minute, you guys still use CD's? I thought those things went the way of the dinosaur. can you even buy those things any more?

Har har har, I have 3 Ipods technically, 160G, shuffle for the gym and the phone version, just no hook up.

Har har har, I have 3 Ipods technically, 160G, shuffle for the gym and the phone version, just no hook up.

I would love to hook up my phone that has a headphone jack. Does anyone know if we can plug a cable into the back of our stereo with a headphone male end on the other side.

I would love to hook up my phone that has a headphone jack. Does anyone know if we can plug a cable into the back of our stereo with a headphone male end on the other side.

Sear... Fukk it, YES.

I like my factory 6 disc in dash with Nav so shove that AVIC bull:q:q:q:q up your ass, I dont want aftermarket.

I have a kenwood indash system :p

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Was having the same issue, and mine stopped working for months... So I pulled it and installed a Pioneer AVIC unit. Ran the USB and Aux cord thru to my center console, got on of those 2" desk cord plugs and installed it in the forward end of the console to hold the cords and make it look clean. I am stoked to drive, can listen to tunes on USB or run it thru the AUX on my cell phone and listen to Rhapsody or Pandora. I would however suggest getting a head unit that supports bluetooth audio streaming... then no cords.

I can submit photos if any one cares to see what it looks like.

shove that AVIC bull:q:q:q:q up your ass, I dont want aftermarket.

thats such a shame, My AVIC plays all of my music off of my IPod with no problems. just say what you want to listen too and it plays, so neat. i think that it even has a place to stick one of those 8-tracks, no wait CD's into.lol:cool:

Ipod is the isht. I have a custom dock in front of the ashtray. No books of cd's to haul around, no skipping tracks because of scratches. Lots of win.

Members online

Back