CD Changer for Lincoln LS...HELP!!!

msrafko

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2000 Lincoln LS and I never checked the CD player/changer. Its been about a 1 1/2 months since I purchased it and I am first now trying to use the cd player. I wanted to stick a cd in but the display just circled and said that all slots are full. So thinking that there were already 6 cds in the changer already, I tried to eject them. The display this time read "CD Error". I looked in the manual and it said something about a case in the glove compartment but there is nothing there, so I am under the impression that the changer is built into the radio. Does anyone know how to fix this problem without taking it to a dealer or mechanic? This problem is driving me nuts! Thanks!

basically these changers SUCK...

Once you start to have those problems its time for a new deck

I recently purchased a 2000 Lincoln LS and I never checked the CD player/changer. Its been about a 1 1/2 months since I purchased it and I am first now trying to use the cd player. I wanted to stick a cd in but the display just circled and said that all slots are full. So thinking that there were already 6 cds in the changer already, I tried to eject them. The display this time read "CD Error". I looked in the manual and it said something about a case in the glove compartment but there is nothing there, so I am under the impression that the changer is built into the radio. Does anyone know how to fix this problem without taking it to a dealer or mechanic? This problem is driving me nuts! Thanks!

Try removing it and resetting the changer. There should be a small hole in the back to insert the end of a paperclip or similar object. The hole should be marked "reset".

That is if there is one.

Its probably full of CDs that wont come out. Assuming this is the Alpine in dash changer. You can try tinkering with it and probably get them out, I've done it a few times with mine, but usually you're better off just getting a new head unit.

i have a pioneer D-2 navi for sale that will fit perfectly into that slot.....

Its probably full of CDs that wont come out. Assuming this is the Alpine in dash changer. You can try tinkering with it and probably get them out, I've done it a few times with mine, but usually you're better off just getting a new head unit.

www.greenleafauto.com usually has replacements for a reasonable price.

Tinkering is probably the best bet as stated. I bought an used one off eBay earlier in the year so that I could have the CD changer plus the Ipod adapter. After a few months all my CD's got stuck in there too. I think all the in-dash changers do that eventually. The kicker is they stayed stuck like that forever until I recently was cleaning the interior. When I came back to the car after detailing the inside the cd's were there just ejected regularly. My problem to start off was using those cd-r discs. But, I sure in cleaning the face of the radio, the buttons got tinkered with enough that it finally let the cds go after months. Either that, or what I really assume, the car was just glad to be cleaned :)

I had the described problem at about 75K miles. I got the stuck disk out by 'fishing' for it with the edge of another disk. But it was regularly sticking, so I had it given a tune-up by a local concern. They said that for my purposes, it didn't make sense to buy aftermarket stuff. Tune-up cost about 100 bucks and the whole system has worked flawlessly since. I now have 123K miles on the car.
KS

Hmmm.. same problem when I bought mine, I took it apart and removed the free 6 cd's I got. I got it too work and never load all 6 in, a few times on long heated drives I have had to fish em' with a cd or two cause they get jammed.

If the cd door isn't closed, as in cant see the Alpine logo, take a peak I bet you will find a cd half ejected.

take it out and shake the F out of it and slap it on the side a few times, if somthing is out of alignment or stuck it will usally free it up inside then just plug it back in and eject, it works about 7 out of 10 times

take it out and shake the F out of it and slap it on the side a few times, if somthing is out of alignment or stuck it will usally free it up inside then just plug it back in and eject, it works about 7 out of 10 times

Doing that will probably destroy the tracking mechanism. There is a warning on new ones that say that if the locking screw is removed and the unit is dropped to discard the unit.

of the topic real quick could i remove my cd changer to get some more room in the glovebox? i font use the changer i have a double din with navi

Doing that will probably destroy the tracking mechanism. There is a warning on new ones that say that if the locking screw is removed and the unit is dropped to discard the unit.

the old "keep this side up when powered, scrap if dropped" sticker

well its not working now, right? i didnt say drop it on the floor, i said shake it and give it a slap or two, if it wasnt f'ed up in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation.

of the topic real quick could i remove my cd changer to get some more room in the glovebox? i font use the changer i have a double din with navi

yes but you probably need the glove box from a non changer so that it doesnt look too bad

Members online

No members online now.
Back