caveat emptor Upper Control Arms

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well it is time to do the Driver's side upper control arm on my 98 MARK. I went to the not so Advanced Auto Parts, ordered the TRW arm for the Mark VIII (my Dad has my welder in SC) - waited an abnormal 4 days for the arm and when I get home I find the box contains the T-Bird upper control arm. So I go back and order another, and another and another all four had the T-Bird arms. OK either TRW has really messed up or someone is buying both arms and swapping, taking back the cheaper T-bird part in the Mark VIII part box.

not so Advanced Auto Parts now refused to order another saying it is the right part my car must be modified, Dealer only part blah blah ...Dum A$$...

I order one from a local parts house and poof right part same part number same box. Hmmm.... Thanks for letting me vent...:soapbox:

Don't ya just hate it when a smart a__ behind the parts counter gives you crap. I suspect you were given the same part over and over. I know recently Advance had a big inventory change over due to a marketing change with TRW/Moog parts (both the same co). I would take your box in to just stick it in their ear and show the store manager that they are very mistaken !!

I wouldn't put up with that BS... but I also wouldn't shop at that store anymore once I got that issue resolved.

Don't ya just hate it when a smart a__ behind the parts counter gives you crap. I suspect you were given the same part over and over. I know recently Advance had a big inventory change over due to a marketing change with TRW/Moog parts (both the same co). I would take your box in to just stick it in their ear and show the store manager that they are very mistaken !!

The boxes were different (I bent the flap on each one to make sure - learned that lesson many moons ago).

I think I will stop by and see the Mgr. -with the correct part, in the same box.:p

I have had very good luck with Advance and shop them often. Dont let this one incident turn ya off.

But I would take them BOTH back like you said and show them!!

I'm just glad that my local Oreily's has two guys that actually know what they are doing... I've never had them screw up on me...

I suggested for him to get the manager involved as AA is usually a pretty straight up out fit, and I felt that by him going back to the boss it would give him alot more visibility and credence for future business. Who's going to tell a guy he's full of it when he brings you in the proof that your counter people were wrong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back