Careless doctor or just an Arsehole?????

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My wife is a RN in ICU. She had to contact the doctor on call. Wife ask for doctor "X". Turns out, the calling system rang the wrong doctor. Doctor "Y" answered. Replies doctor "X" is right here. Then continues to say "not my problem" and hangs up.

NOW!!!!! If this was an urgent matter(wife does work in the ICU), don't you think the smart thing to do is hand the phone to doctor "X"? Its the matter of someones life. Yet, this doctor is a complete idiot and hangs up on a nurse.

I told her to file a complete to her supervisor. Her reply "It would take to much time. And nothing would come of it." You have to be kidding me right. NO!!! The hospital attitude is having the doctor is more important then his behavoir.

Has much as I would like to post this on Facebook. The hospital my wife works at is looking for any reason to fire older, more experience nurses to hire young, nieve, and inexperience nurses for MUCH less pay. So posting this on Facebook would only draw attention to my wife. Wife has been there 20 years and makes what they could hire 2 young and dumb girls fresh out of school.

Which would you rather have? Young, nieve, fresh out of school nurse? Or older , more experience nurse taking care of you or a loved one? Answer is pretty obvious to me.

In the time my wife and I have been together. I have found the hospital my wife works at is a joke. They worry more about the bottom line then providing medical care to the patient and family. Currently, they are looking for any reason to fire someone. And hire a cheaper replacement.

The wife has considered going to another hospital in the area. But a friend of hers worked there one day and quit. Turns out the atmosphere there isn't much better. The nurses there are pety and looking for an arguement to get into.

I just find the whole thing crazy. Dealing with life or death. And this clown wants to be an arsehole.

If it's not Doctor Y's patient, he does not have obligations to provide service to that patient. So I am gonna go with "just an Arsehole". They will learn sooner or later that cutting corners is going to cost them more in the long run.

If it's not Doctor Y's patient, he does not have obligations to provide service to that patient. So I am gonna go with "just an Arsehole". They will learn sooner or later that cutting corners is going to cost them more in the long run.

Doctor "Y" could have or should have handed the phone to doctor "X". Instead of being an arsehole. Don't you think?

He's an ass hole
It sucks now days that you have to keep your mouth shut to keep your job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back