Carbon bubuilt

LS4me

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember one of the biggest benefits of unleaded fuel was that we wouldn't see carbon buildup anymore. That removing the pb from gasoline would also prevent carbon to form on all the usual places. Now I see there is still a need to decarbon these parts. I can only surmise that we were lied to then as we're being lied to now about ethanol. Am I missing something?

PLEASE someone change the title to Carbon buildup!!! Stupid iPad.........

Carbon BubbleButt...what? ;)

IDK if unleaded has less buildup than leaded but there will be buildup regardless.
Nothing that a top engine cleaner/throttle body cleaner/injector cleaner like techron can't fix.

I suspect that carbon build-up (in the throttle body and intake anyway) is mostly due to oil being ingested from the PCV system, and not gasoline.

Removing the lead was only so that the exhaust wouldn't poison emissions devices like catalytic converters. Nothing to do with carbon.

P.S. ethanol is a scam

Ethanol is definitely a scam. And Shell proudly announces they are going be one of the first to go to 15% ethanol, if I'm wording that right. It supposedly lowers mileage and performance, compared to gas. I forget all the technical details; had to stop researching it because it upset me and there was nothing I could do about it.

The System can never leave well enough alone. If something works, then there is money being left on the table somewhere. The System will eventually find that and exploit it, especially if it gives males enjoyment. Guns, cars and football are all under attack. That's one reason I got my Lincoln. I want to enjoy a fast sporty car before we all have to drive a Prius and there won't even be a key, lest you enjoy cranking your car. There is a continual demasculanization of male life. If you want any thrill at all, you'll have to enlist and go shoot at government approved targets somewhere in the Middle East or Southeast Asia. But by the time you get there, they will have converted to plastic bullets and riot gun bean bags.

Ethanol is definitely a scam. And Shell proudly announces they are going be one of the first to go to 15% ethanol, if I'm wording that right. It supposedly lowers mileage and performance, compared to gas. I forget all the technical details; had to stop researching it because it upset me and there was nothing I could do about it.

The System can never leave well enough alone. If something works, then there is money being left on the table somewhere. The System will eventually find that and exploit it, especially if it gives males enjoyment. Guns, cars and football are all under attack. That's one reason I got my Lincoln. I want to enjoy a fast sporty car before we all have to drive a Prius and there won't even be a key, lest you enjoy cranking your car. There is a continual demasculanization of male life. If you want any thrill at all, you'll have to enlist and go shoot at government approved targets somewhere in the Middle East or Southeast Asia. But by the time you get there, they will have converted to plastic bullets and riot gun bean bags.

Yup..... It started with the NAGS (National Association of Gals) in the late 60's- early 70's and continues to this day. It's the femininization of America. Can't have risk. Can't have danger. Must do WHATEVER to be "safe"! And they determine what safe is!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back