Car appearance care

Marika said:
Hey gang! I exclusively use only Zymol products on my caddy. What does everyone else use and why?

I use Maguire's (or however you spell it) for soaping and waxing, but for most other things I just use random little products that I've found work best over the years - tire polisher, chrome cleaner, window wipes, leather enhancers, etc. I mainly use black magic detail brushes and pens, though.

Eagle one wax as you dry really works well with me...i just spray it on the wet surface and wipe it away with my absorber...looks great and really does give it that just waxed shine..alothough not as durable as regualer wax's..you can get it for real cheap at cosco., something like 5.99 for 2 bottles

Marika said:
Hey gang! I exclusively use only Zymol products on my caddy. What does everyone else use and why?
Maybe we could get some write ups on how to use specific wax systems like Zanio -- for the tech section im building.

I use Meguiars, most of the time. They just changed the product line and I haven't had a chance to try the new stuff. I have heard very good things about Zymol. It's gets great reviews for the most well rounded product.

They claim that if you're interested in saving time and need to get good results without using several products, Zymol is the answer.

I DO NOT USE TURTLE WAX PRODUCTS AFTER A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

Joeychgo said:
Maybe we could get some write ups on how to use specific wax systems like Zanio -- for the tech section im building.

Meguiars most of the time too; but found a great product in the PlastX for the clear Lenes on the head Lamps (Works on Red too!)

Marika said:

Hi im new to this site, i have 1996 Seville, and every month i get a Griot's Garage catalog and use the waxes and car washes from them. i have used walmart quality stuff before but got the best results from Griot's Garage

ShowRoom Shine-Wax (Spray on Wipe off)
Eagle One- Tire Dessing
Some Expensive Glass Clearner-Anything Chrome Windows
Spot and Stain- Interior (That Sh*t WORKS)

Main things I use for my car at no charge either. Since I detail Cars at Ford.

armoral wax it dry gel...thats what i use,, 2 coats for the goat.

then eagle one tire shine-- applied lovingly with a tire brush of doom!

then armoral protective wipes to the leather, console, doors, and belly of the beast!

Cadillac Mike said:
I'm not a fan of Turtle Wax products either. What happened to you?

for wax I use Meguiars or 3M.

I've heard that in rare situations in the past the stuff has been known to take off paint. It seems rediculous to me but I suppose its possible

I bought my LS two months ago, so, of course, I went out and bought all new cleaning products. I purchased all Maquires after I took the time to compare, ask questions, check prices, etc. Yes, there are other comparable products, cush as Mothers, Zaino, Eagle One, and most of the others mentioned here. One thing that I do agree on, though, is that Turtle Wax is the suckiest product ever made and I wouldn't use it on anything that I own. So far, all of the Maguires that I have purchased works great. BTW, has anyone used a product by Maguires called Clay? It is supposed to great at taking out small scratches and etc.

paulownian said:
I bought my LS two months ago, so, of course, I went out and bought all new cleaning products. I purchased all Maquires after I took the time to compare, ask questions, check prices, etc. Yes, there are other comparable products, cush as Mothers, Zaino, Eagle One, and most of the others mentioned here. One thing that I do agree on, though, is that Turtle Wax is the suckiest product ever made and I wouldn't use it on anything that I own. So far, all of the Maguires that I have purchased works great. BTW, has anyone used a product by Maguires called Clay? It is supposed to great at taking out small scratches and etc.

Clay bars are amazing. Using them can make a new car look even better. However, they are labor intense.

Where can I find them? I haven't seen them around in any of the places where I buy car care products. Pep Boys, maybe?

Members online

No members online now.
Back