Can't turn Parking Assist back on!

MYTAXI

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Somehow the turn off parking assist feature was turned off in my 2003 Executive L Series Towncar. It won't go back on.:confused: I have tried holding down the reset button and several other "ideas" but it won't come back on. I miss having it because the rear windows are heavilly tinted.

How do you turn Parking Assist back on?

I've had this problem recently with my '03. You should practically never have to turn the park assist on with the switch--if you cancel it with the switch, as soon as you hit Park or Drive it's automatically reactivated. So if it doesn't do that, there's a problem. (If you hear a soft beep everytime you put it in Reverse, it's warning you.)

Turned out my Parking Assist Module was bad. (Another one of those computers the thing is full of.) Cost a couple of hundred for a new one.

the back up sensors are failing more and more often, and when a sensor goes bad it shuts the system down. only way to have it checked is the at dealer. ive only had one (FoMoCo) where it wasnt a sensor, and it was the wiring going to the sensor that was corroded, so 99.9% of the time its a sensor

It's working again!

This Monday morning, I noticed it suddenly works again with no issues at all.:D

What happened?:confused:
I HAVE NO CLUE!

I'm just happy it works again :cool:

It crapped out again

I had the sensors replaced and it's all good now:hump:

Members online

Back