Calling All Panther Fans!

TaurusSHO

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven't been around for a while, mainly because I ended up keeping my Taurus (which now has 189k miles). I'm back though to tell you about a facebook page I created called Ford Panther Platform. I didn't see any active pages for it, so I though why not create one? It would be great if you guys could "like" the page! :)

Link

ever get an SHO? i remember you looking around for one.

we're up to three...

an 89, 92 and 97.
an 89 that is great.
a 92 that is getting parted.
and a 97 that needs a bumper, header panel, headlights, etc and rear lower control arms. :eek: best guess is black ice. it swapped ends on my brother. :(

also, that link didn't work.. how about this one?
http://www.facebook.com/FordPantherPlatform
if so, liked. ;)

ever get an SHO? i remember you looking around for one.

we're up to three...

an 89, 92 and 97.
an 89 that is great.
a 92 that is getting parted.
and a 97 that needs a bumper, header panel, headlights, etc and rear lower control arms. :eek: best guess is black ice. it swapped ends on my brother. :(

also, that link didn't work.. how about this one?
http://www.facebook.com/FordPantherPlatform
if so, liked. ;)

No I didn't get a SHO. I'd still like to get a 96-99 at some point, though. Right now I'm probably going to get a new car around summer 2014, when I graduate high school. I'm set on getting a Town Car Signature L (if I can find one) or if that doesn't work out a Grand Marquis or Marauder in good condition.

Sad to hear the 92 is getting parted, there aren't too many out there anymore. Are you going to fix the 97?

Thanks for liking the page! :)

I say you look into a lx sport. M's are still kinda expensive, GM's are grandma/grandpaish and the towncar is a towncar. The vic sport sits in the middle of all those. Leather, center console/buckets, body colored moldings and a little jump in hp.

I wouldn't mind owning another panther but those front fenders (cv/mgm) don't last long up here. Thats the only thing that prevents me from getting another one. Unless of course they fixed said issue with the newer ones.

I say you look into a lx sport. M's are still kinda expensive, GM's are grandma/grandpaish and the towncar is a towncar. The vic sport sits in the middle of all those. Leather, center console/buckets, body colored moldings and a little jump in hp.

I wouldn't mind owning another panther but those front fenders (cv/mgm) don't last long up here. Thats the only thing that prevents me from getting another one. Unless of course they fixed said issue with the newer ones.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really care about having a grandpa car. If I did, I probably wouldn't be looking at Panther cars anyway lol. ;) I've always had a soft spot for Mercurys over their Ford counterparts as well.

What goes wrong with the front fenders?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really care about having a grandpa car. If I did, I probably wouldn't be looking at Panther cars anyway lol. ;) I've always had a soft spot for Mercurys over their Ford counterparts as well.

What goes wrong with the front fenders?

Rust. My old 98 started rusting up at 90k @ 8 years old and had huge holes by 100k.

Hmm I never knew that was an issue. Well my dad's 2008 Grand Marquis with 100k+ miles doesn't have any rust, so maybe they did fix it.

Wow that's pretty bad! My dad's 2001 Crown Vic had rust in the wheel well, but his 1992 and 1997 didn't have any.

It's just a minor flesh wound!
IMG_20121023_172048.jpg

-ryan s.

Members online

Back