Cain in trouble, but....

Bob Hubbard

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I find it a bit odd that all these women are just now coming out of the woodwork to accuse this guy of some sort of impropriety
Where were they when these things were alleged to have happened.
I believe everyone of these accusers should put up, or shut up, by taking a lie detector test, and the results made public.
Cain does not have to prove he didn't do as these women state, they should have to prove that he did.
Bob

I'm not a fan of his, but I agree completely. Is there a statute of limitations on these types of accusations.

It shouldn't be a question of limitations.
It should be to find out if these accusations are true, or some trumped up attempt to ruin the man's character, therefore making it impossible for him to be elected.
Bob.

I think Cain is finished. I would have supported him and felt he had a chance for the nomination if he didn't make any big mistakes. Well, he's made a few mistakes but the accusation of a 13-year extramarital affair will likely end his campaign or at least end any chance he might of had to get the nomination. If he did have a 13-year affair then he should have either 1) told his wife before entering the race knowing it might come back to haunt him; or 2) not run at all knowing that, should the affair be divulged, it would cause embarrassment for him and his wife, particularly his wife. If he did tell his wife before entering the race (which I doubt), I still think he is finished. If he didn't tell his wife, then he needs to bow out and devote time to his wife and marriage. Then again, maybe she doesn't want him around after the latest allegation. I find it difficult to believe Ginger White would lie about a 13-year affair which she claims ended just before Cain declare his candidacy in May.

According to Georgia court records, she has been given eviction notices at least five times by landlords seeking back rent. A former business partner, Kimberly Vay, sued White earlier this year after a dispute that began when White wrote disparaging comments about Vay in a mass e-mail — comments that White recanted four months later as part of a legal settlement. The two women fell out after a fitness business they ran together collapsed.

“She came back and stated that everything she stated in the e-mail was completely false,” Vay said in an interview. “She admitted to making it all up out of anger and frustration.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e/2011/11/29/gIQAMPD49N_story.html?tid=pm_pop

she doesn't seem to be a very trustworthy person..

I find it a bit odd that all these women are just now coming out of the woodwork to accuse this guy of some sort of impropriety
Where were they when these things were alleged to have happened.
I believe everyone of these accusers should put up, or shut up, by taking a lie detector test, and the results made public.
Cain does not have to prove he didn't do as these women state, they should have to prove that he did.
Bob

Bob - they did complain, the women who claimed sexual harassment, and they got bought off by the restaurant association that Cain chaired. That is where they were when these things 'allegedly' happened.

I think this is beginning to show a pattern... one, two, oh maybe even three, you might say 'happenstance' or 'probably isn't true' but at this point - I would start to wonder. Plus, he gave this woman money - for rent and other expenses, without his wife's knowledge (his wife doesn't know this woman at all). I don't know about you, but if a married man has unmarried women friends, who he is giving money to, without his wife's knowledge... that is a bit 'shady' if nothing else.

However - don't worry - you still have the newtster...

Let's be candid, is anyone shocked?
While you might want to believe that Cain is a faithful family man, is it really hard to imagine that hasn't been?

Even the most loyal defenders and friends of Cain say, "I really love Herman, but... I just don't want those claims to be true." It's never, "I've known Cain for 20 years and there's absolutely NO WAY that these claims would be true."

If woman started making charges against Romney or Santorum, I wouldn't be inclined to accept it. Cain- a highly charismatic, type A, business man.... it's not that difficult of a sell.

I don't think Cain ever expected to win this. I don't know if he just wanted to expand his profile to broaden the appeal of his books and radio show or if he wants to be the Governor or Senator from Ga.

Cal - do you think that candidates like Cain and Trump hurt the Republican party? They are beginning to look like the party of 'candidates who have their own personal agendas to further'. Selling books, PR opps, heightening name recognition.

You even have to wonder about Newt. Can he reasonably be expected to get the nomination - with his past? Probably not... but part of the party faithful are rallying around him like the next great savior of the GOP. Does putting forward candidate after candidate that have real problems hurt the brand?

Newt is the repentant sinner who said he commited adultery to relieve stress because he loved his country so much :p

In the anybody but Romney race Jesus, like Atlas, has Shrugged:cool: on namedroppers who said He told them to run-Burning Bush Perry, Bachmann, Cain and Santorum and movie star :D Ginger Palin decided to stay on Gilligan's Island ;) so that only leaves Gingrich as the forgiven redemptive nominee who (at this time) shares "our" values(we think):rolleyes:

Cal - do you think that candidates like Cain and Trump hurt the Republican party? They are beginning to look like the party of 'candidates who have their own personal agendas to further'. Selling books, PR opps, heightening name recognition.

You even have to wonder about Newt. Can he reasonably be expected to get the nomination - with his past? Probably not... but part of the party faithful are rallying around him like the next great savior of the GOP. Does putting forward candidate after candidate that have real problems hurt the brand?

What I feel is hurting the party is there are two many candidates running, and all they are doing is stepping over one another.
Cain seemed to have been the only one with some sort of plan to get this country back on the road to recovery.
As for the rest of them. I don't want any of them as president.
Maybe I should throw my hat in the ring.
Couldn't be any worse that the garbage we are hearing from the ones running now.
As president, my first order of business would be to to blow Iran of the face of the earth before they get the chance to do it to some other country.
Then I would demand that Israel get back to the bargaining table with the palestinians, and come up with an agreement to settle this mid east turmoil, or else face a cutoff of aid,and military hardware.
Then I would inform Pakistan we are going to stop funding their miserable country, and concentrate on better relations with turkey.
Next, I would cease all trade with China until such time as there is a trade balance between the two countries.
Next, would be an executive order freezing all government pensions in this country until a solution is at hand on how to fund them.
Next, I would instruct homeland security, and ice, to come up with a way to round up the 15 or so million illegals in this country, and deport them back to their own countries.
I would instruct the irs to cut the business tax to 6%, so that small business could get back to expansion, and employing new workers.
Medicare would be shifted to the states, with some government funding.
I would do away with any program that caters to illegals, be it welfare, food stamps,or housing and education, and make provisions in the programs for people who can prove they are citizens of this country.
I would cease all federal funding to any state or city that is a sanctuary for illegals.
I would complete the fence at our southern border, and tear down, and remodel those sections that were built to resemble a foot ladder.
AS for the tunnels, I would fund the border patrol so that electronic surveillance could detect tunnels being built underground, and make provisions for their immediate destruction.
These are some of the pressing issues that would need to be addressed as soon as a new president takes office.
How does President Robert Hubbard sound?
OH, and I state right from the gitgo, I have not slept around with any one, ever, and I have no skeletons in my closets that could come back to haunt me.
Now, it is obvious, Cain was not able, but fixing the country is one hell of a job, and who better to do it than a guy named Bob.
Bob

The always wise George Will had some not-to-nice things to say about Gingrich.

Best line from the commentary on Will's statements.
Which is wiser: To believe the best of our candidates and be disappointed or to believe the worst of them and be pleasantly surprised?​
A cult of personality has become common place in today's politics, but it is a dangerous thing. The base, who call for the principles the official supposedly holds are more willing to simply accept and even create excuses for his missteps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back