Cabin air filter

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
If your looking to change it out soon I would recommend the Denso filters. I got a few about 6 months ago to have ready but didn't need to change until recently. These are really well made (in Germany of all places). Much better than stock or any replacement I've had to date.

What exactly does it do better? I mean what is it made of that makes it better than the OEM?

What exactly does it do better? I mean what is it made of that makes it better than the OEM?

The construction of it is more substantial by a long shot. Looking at the box I discovered these are charcoal filters as well, not just a dust/pollen filter. Also it since it fills the box entirely the pleats are deeper. There is an actual seal around the filter not just held in place by longer pleats. Cost is no more than other standard filters. Is this enough or do I need to lead you around some more? A link is provided.

http://www.densoaftermarket.com/cabin-air-filter.php

I wasn't trying to be smart or anything I just have bad allergies is all and the previous owner smoked in the vehicle.

Those charcoal filters apparently don't last very long as far as the extra filtration goes. I stick with Motorcraft filters off RockAuto since they are cheap and seem to work fine. I must admit though, the WIX filter that was in there before felt a lot more solid and filled the box better.

Those charcoal filters apparently don't last very long as far as the extra filtration goes. I stick with Motorcraft filters off RockAuto since they are cheap and seem to work fine. I must admit though, the WIX filter that was in there before felt a lot more solid and filled the box better.

Please expound.

You smell the charcoal for a month or so. After that you just smell the odors from outside; i.e. diesel exhaust.

Well I think I might just buy the cheapest OEM I can find and be done with it. It says that I am at 35% so it's time I guess. ;)

Let me ask you guys this? When the monitor says that it is time to purchase a new cabin filter does it really require it or can I go a bit longer?

Well I think I might just buy the cheapest OEM I can find and be done with it. It says that I am at 35% so it's time I guess. ;)

Let me ask you guys this? When the monitor says that it is time to purchase a new cabin filter does it really require it or can I go a bit longer?

That depends entirely on the air quality where your are. Some on here have just blown the dust off their filter and reused it. That wouldn't work for me, when I change them they are a pretty dark color all the way through compared to the white that they start out at. Of course, you can just pull the filter out and leave it out. It's all up to you.

The percent remaining is just a calculated value based on the run time of the climate control. It does not actually sense how dirty the filter is or isn't.

hmmm...that makes sense. Well I am in TN but I have very bad allergies so maybe I would be better off getting the upgraded filter.

You smell the charcoal for a month or so. After that you just smell the odors from outside; i.e. diesel exhaust.

I purchased a charcoal filter when I did my coils and whatnot a while back in spring. When I went to LA a few weeks ago I was surprised by the efficacy of the charcoal filter when it came to purifying all the typical LA odors. I rolled down the window briefly and the exhaust smell was intense. The filtered air still smells very fresh in my opinion. I think when it's time to change the filter again I'll go with another charcoal, but YMMV

Members online

No members online now.
Back