C.O.P parts

Sparkplug70

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find performance after market coil over plug sets for the 2004 3.9 V8 ? Summit and Jegs says they don't make them but i have heard of others replacing them with aftermarket ones saying they are better than the factory replacements ? Thanks for your reply's

The only "performance" coils I can think of would be Mustang Accels that require some modification. The only performance increase comes from calling them Mustang coils. You won't see any difference in power just by changing coils (besides fixing a misfire). If you seriously want any increase in power from the ignition, you'd have to look at some complete aftermarket setups, such as a double- or triple-spark system. Even then, you're probably not going to feel a difference in the butt dyno.

Any power increase from an ignition is miniscule SO LONG AS the ignition starts out being adequate. If you've made other additions, such as my own N2O/methanol package, aftermarket COPs such as my own ACCEL items help to assure that even with the more complex fuel components there will be an adequacy of ignition.

KS

Members online

Back