C&L/JLT! Who's interested!

Blkdvll

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the C&L/JLT intakes for the '99-01 Cobras and started to feel a little ambitious! I've been studying the pictures a lot and believe the only things that are needed to make this work are lengthening some sensor wires and some hoses. If I did the R&D to make this a "plug and play" kit, who would be interested? And by plug and play I mean supply an extended loom that litereally just plugs in.

I haven't bought one yet. So at this point it could go either way. With the JLT you can custom paint a section of on the intake tube.

Would you be on for a JLT or a C&L? Or does it matter? A JLT in Pearlencent white would look pretty bitchin
JLT style. It comes with the couplers right? And I assume it wont be anywhere near the rediculous JLT price?

JLT style. It comes with the couplers right?...

From what I've read it will come with everything from the TB back (minus a mass sensor)

Here's a picture I found with the JLT base kit.
oil8.jpg

oil9.jpg

And I assume it wont be anywhere near the rediculous JLT price?

Rediculous price would be the C&L intake. Those are $300. The cheapest I've found on the JLT's so far are $160ish. If I do infact do this, my kit will come with a totally awesome heat shield, and hopefully the whole kit will be about $200, give or take. I'm not looking to make money off of this, just to cover my expenses and give the community something that should be out there.

Kit will include:
JLT Short Ram kit (custom colors available)
"Plug and Play" kit (loomed and read to plug in)
Custom Heat Shield (custom colors available)

Nevermind, that wont work for my car. Forgot the TB was in a different place.

...unless you guys are looking for a fender CAI kit...

...that will take a little longer and will be totally custom made...

UPDATE:

I've decided that this kit will be made from scratch

Currently working on a few different designs. I'm not sure of the one I will go with yet. The one I am really pursueing is a fender mounted CAI; located inplace of the intake silencer. The second which would be very easy and not so much fun is a short ram setup like shown above.

V.1 will be a short ram unit similar to the jlt unit and SHOULD be around $125. Price will be kept down by using the 45 to the throttle body and not having to fab up bungs for the pcv and other sensors. That price should include a heat shield.

V.2 will a fender cai

Members online

Back