Busy car week

rainjacks

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, did the alternator a few days ago. Today I tackled the Reverse SST, 2000 - 2001 console swap and ipod/iphone adapter. Thanks for all of the great threads I used to get information on how to proceed. Here's a few notes I took:

Reverse SST
The wires on the front switch are long enough that I just moved the switch to the rear position. The I soldered in some extra on the rear switch to move it to the front. Very simple. I didn't bother with the + and -. I think I'll be able to remember without looking.

Ipod / Iphone adapter
I went with a Neo iOn from icarkits.com. I called first and verified they are updated to work with iPhones as well. I used the ground and 12V from the cig lighter. The only difficulty was getting all the wires tucked back in place. The unit works awesomely. Steering controls work perfectly and the sound is awesome.

Center console
Very easy, just carefully pull it out. There's plenty of good threads showing more detail.

Cool. I have the regular ipod adapter. The sound is awesome and so clear.I love how it boosts the bass on the songs.

So your iphone is always charging even when the car is off?

It would if I left it plugged in. But, I don't. The directions for my unit specifically called for an always on power connection. I couldn't remember if the front Cig-lighter was always on, so I had to stick my meter on it to verify.

Members online

Back