Business cards Need imput

ground_zero298

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for input on my rough draft design's for my new cards. Good or bad.

My card.jpg

my card 1.jpg

I think you should maybe change the fonts on the dreamers part... or the color.... or both....Im not sure which or to what.
Maybe its too much blue for me.

I like the bold black on the back for the contact info.

not when you are doing graphic design though. people want to see your creativity. anyone can do simple,but simple is boring.

That's 100% untrue.
Visual clutter and busy is easy. That's an amateur mistake.
Simple, clear, and creative is the challenge and demonstrates professionalism and skill.

Simple often is better - especially if you are trying to appeal to a larger audience. I think your card would look good for a fortune teller - but for a graphic designer you need to showcase that you can do 'any' style.

If you like the 'mystic' sort of feeling you have going on in this card, especially on the front - you could easily incorporate the astrological symbols, but in a clean, uncluttered look - white space sells...

I like the Blue Dreamers type - but it gets lost on the background and fights with the swirl underneath - the swirl and your name are the same strength - your name is what you want the customer to see - you need some focus...

If you layered this - take the background from the right edge of the first E and all the way to the right side and ghost it back at least 75% - and feather the edge - If you are stuck on the swirl make it much smaller and start the leading edge just under the G on Graphic Designs... Also line up the two 'S's on the right side - it currently creates a rough edge...

The back - well why not repeat the 'Dreamers' type - make it your logo - repetition is the name of the game...

And get that type off the bottom, you need about 1/4" all the way around, fingers over type - not a good idea...

Or, go whole hog like Marc Ecko,his work is amazing, however if you do, you will probably be looking at defining yourself and your clientele fairly narrowly.

guess my input was bad then.
how about a plain white card with the name and contact info? that would be simple enough! i get compliments on my cards all the time because they are different and interesting.
just seems like simple wouldn't cut it for that type of business. not cluttered and crazy,but not too plain either.

this is your advertising.show your capabilities,but get the info in their face at the same time.

Not quite - leave the moon, the whole background with the details - just fade to white, not to black on the far right side... and give it a harder line - drat, I don't have PS on this machine...

Tuck the swirl up closer and drop the Dreamers type a little, make it relate more to 'graphic design'

Keep going, your getting there. The first one is WAY too busy and overdone for what your trying to achieve.

Dave is right, showing what you can do is 1dt and foremost.

Dave's logo and cards were a blast to do. Break from the norm.

warlock-card-proof.jpg

Alot of it will depend on what the customer wants, some will want simpler or some will want more it just depends.

nice. only one suggestion: on the back at the bottom,your name and contact info is a little hard to see because it fades to black. maybe switch the name and contact info to white or blue?
btw, i like the one on the right better. just my opinion.

I'd change the email. i know its kind of off track, but you can get an email addy from yahoo for free that would be

along the lines of

Jayson@dreamersgraphicdesigns.com

it seems dumb, but its just that much more professional. You're in a tricky place trying to be creative and professional. Professional is the more important though. Atleast imho

oh and the top left one in post 19 is the best I think. Then strictly prossionally do contact info on the back and leave room for customers to wirte down quotes or tidbits from your conversations

I like it! dont go cheap on the stock, when you print them use 14pt 2c Kromecoate cover stock

Members online

Back