brrrr.. damn heaters not working

mossbergman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i believe tonight, i have encountered the infamous blend door issues. we had some warm weather recently and i ran the ac. come tonight, it was a bit chilly and i was in sleeves. and no heat. my initial guess is the blend door. how long does it take for the uninitiated? anyone want to come help?

I have read on here you can get your finger on the lever on the unit under dash. I'm not a Gen2 guy. Maybe some guys will have post or you can find info on it.

Drop your glove box all the way down. In the far bottom left corner you can barely see the gray arm on the secondary blend door. Reach in there with your finger and pull the bottom part of the lever toward the passenger side as your running your temp control up to 90. You should be able to pull it a short distance and have heat. You will have to take a small bungee or wire or something and tie it over, as it usually goes back to cold after you shut the car off.

It took me 4 hours the first time I did it, and that includes the hour I took during the middle of it to do the reinforcement of it, and wait for the epoxy to dry. I recommend reinforcing it beforehand so you're not wasting time.

The second 2 times I did it (different cars), I did the heater core at the same time, and finished the whole thing in about 4 hours. I had the blend door actuator out of the car and in my hand within about 45 minutes...

Thanks fellas. You guys make this forum the best one ive ever been a part of :)

If it helps
Pic with no dash or controller

2012-11-18_15-22-08_146.jpg

Yes its normally connected to the black one

I HAVE HEAT! thanks to a couple zip ties and what not. thanks guys! been 2 years since that car has had heat lol. when it gets nice again ill put the blend door in it so i have a/c too.

Mad 1st Gen posted a blend door thing on LOD. Good reading with pics. The info is not so much about reinforcing it but why it breaks and another mod you should do to the new actuator.

Mad 1st Gen posted a blend door thing on LOD. Good reading with pics. The info is not so much about reinforcing it but why it breaks and another mod you should do to the new actuator.

And J has probably the best "How To" for it. Wish I had those instructions when I did mine years back. :(

i would like to say thank you to chargerxr for the good advice and slowmkviii for putting the picture up. took me a while to find the little arm though. found this guy in there too. i have heat now
2012-12-08_23-26-01_416.jpg

too bad its not a late run 97 with the updated trans :(

Speaking of that ^^^^, does anyone know the exact production date when Ford starting updating the 97? I was told that because mine was born in March, that it actually is a "late" model. Thanks!!

If you need a new blend door, PM me I have a spare for cheap. Glad you have the heat man, I dealt with it for 2 years by just sticking my hand under the dash and moving the arm lol

Looks like you found the inspection tag, for when the dash was manufactured. Cool find.

so how would you perm fix this issue, i like what i have read so far.. im going to try this tomorrow or soon. But what is needed to address the repair? a new accuater motor or control module or what?

so how would you perm fix this issue, i like what i have read so far.. im going to try this tomorrow or soon. But what is needed to address the repair? a new accuater motor or control module or what?

A/C Electric Blend Door Actuator (F7LZ-19E616-AD)

I may be interested in a blend door actuator if anybody has one for sale. I just sold my beloved 97 LSC the other day & bought a 98 Mark Vlll by dinner time the same day. Guess I like 'em too much! The biggest issue it has is NO heat. Changed out thermostat but still none. I now realized I probably have the typical blend door issue. Have cold A/C & am only hoping it's a vacuum leak, but I'm a realist. lol Any advice or pics/vids/pointers, would be greatly appreciated! ~ jd

I may be interested in a blend door actuator if anybody has one for sale. I just sold my beloved 97 LSC the other day & bought a 98 Mark Vlll by dinner time the same day. Guess I like 'em too much! The biggest issue it has is NO heat. Changed out thermostat but still none. I now realized I probably have the typical blend door issue. Have cold A/C & am only hoping it's a vacuum leak, but I'm a realist. lol Any advice or pics/vids/pointers, would be greatly appreciated! ~ jd

Best write up out there.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.or...d-Door-Actuator-Removal-and-Repair-(Write-Up)

It is still an available part.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1188558,parttype,10721

Members online

No members online now.
Back