Broken door lock, HELP

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, man i swear everytime i fix one thing something else breaks. this time its my door locks. my actuator went up a couple of months ago but i was still able to manually lock the doors, now i cant even do that. i stick the keey in the door lock and try to turn it and no luck. i cant even push it down with my hand, its like its jammed or something. what is my probplem and the solution. already had plans for picking up some replacement actuators but is my lock broken now or what? what to do what to do, i usually dont lock the door on the car anyway but now that i cant lock them i'll probablly get robbed. luckly there isnt anything i nside the car worth stealing except for my factory installed analog phone :), hopefully no one will want to steal the car itself.

Lubricate

When my door did that, I used lubricant (not WD40) and the tiny nozel and sprayed inside the key lock and then on the side door, into the hole, and then down around the knob at the top of the door. For good measure, I coad the key.

I still need to replace the actuator, but least I can unlock door with a key.

Which begets the questions, has anyone purchased, and had good experience, with the actuators that are perpetually on sale at ebay?

The actuators may be frozen now. Don't forget, they are still attached to the whole lock/unlock process. When the actuators freeze up, the lock mechanism won't work either.

Time to get some actuators, or at least disconnect yours.

A word of caution, I did not have good luck with those $15 eBay actuators, only lasted 4 months. Get some good ones!

Let us know how it goes Chris!

Actuators

Okay, Rick, so we won't buy the ebay actuators. Where do you recommend we get quality actuators? What manufacturer and or where to find said actuators.

I need to replace mine, but wasn't sure where to find them. :cool:

hi guy,s::Beer i went to the local lincoln dealer ::confused: (since none of my regular parts houses had them ) was told they run about $123.00ea:slam so i disconected the one that was giving me trouble(drivers)now the pushbuttons arn,t working (circurt because of the disconnect?)anyway:L regards :invasion:"kahuna" :dj:

I bought good/working used actuators from an EBAY seller.

Also try this place: http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213787

Bought my accumulator here.

1986_MarkVII said:
Okay, Rick, so we won't buy the ebay actuators. Where do you recommend we get quality actuators? What manufacturer and or where to find said actuators.

I need to replace mine, but wasn't sure where to find them. :cool:

Actuator pricing

One_Way said:
I bought good/working used actuators from an EBAY seller.

Also try this place: http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213787

Bought my accumulator here.

Kahuna Steve said:
hi guy,s: i went to the local lincoln dealer : (since none of my regular parts houses had them ) was told they run about $123.00ea...

Wow, that it an enormous disparity in price range -- $15 ebay or $123 Lincoln dealership. Are the Lincoln actuators made of gold? :p

I just checked that link for the Ford parts and it lists the actuators at $53 each.

Last edited:

Members online

Back