broke up with my town car

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
and fell in love with a cadillac.

im in love with this thing. the towncar was nice, it was the best crown vic ive ever driven, but the deville is so much more car!

01 deville

just ordered the oem wood/leather steering wheel

getting the dhs/dts grille and painting it to match
front license plate filler
oe bose cd player(if it will plug up and work with no mod. i do have the 8 speaker system.)
if i dont go with the bose ill more than likely go with a pioneer avic in dash.

l_839d0c4f3cfce56ede82796556a95958.png

l_e99ecda16d9932ddcaff05cb47773f69.png

l_fa4117988dab93298e38ccadab44412f.png

l_f67887fcf37bccb6dba3844d88b2cfdc.png

the dts was nice, i just dont like the floor shifter. and the dhs had all the options i wanted, but i dont like the analog gauges, i wanted digital. when im done with mine, it will look like a dts/dhs. im debating on whether or not i want to paint the new grille to match the car, or do it black for some contrast. ill leave the top strip chrome.

the front wheel drive isnt so bad. i forgot it was fwd when i test drove it. no torque steer. car handles really well too. its so nice to not wish everytime i see one of these drive by while driving a town car.

ill add heated seats myself.

this side of the forum is dead.

l_1aa5465f04946cc6264bf8a08ca37e54.png

Dont worry, im gonna change all that! Been part of these forums for awhile with my Mark VIII. I currently own a 00 Deville with 30k Miles, Just converted it from a column shift to DTS floor shift, Put a set of 07 DTS chrome wheels, and more to come...

Post some instructions on the steering wheel install.:cool:

Yes I would Like to know that too. I would love to do it on my Mark VIII.

they sell the inserts online, you have to take the upholstry off your seat to put them in, then do a little wiring. doesnt seem like too hard of a job.

heres a pic of the dts grille i just put on. i started working for the cadillac dealership out here, got one of our painters to paint it for me.
ill take some better pics soon. i thought it was too much with the big crest and wreath on the grille and the hood ornament sticking up, so i took the hood ornament and put a smaller crest and wreath on the hood to cover the hole up.

l_d012eff3458d6c79a6408905604c7f81.png

i love this car! its entirely too fun to drive and very powerful.

l_761fa52584b2d75d11c59a3adb978e69.png

Dont worry, im gonna change all that! Been part of these forums for awhile with my Mark VIII. I currently own a 00 Deville with 30k Miles, Just converted it from a column shift to DTS floor shift, Put a set of 07 DTS chrome wheels, and more to come...

Post some instructions on the steering wheel install.:cool:

dude post pics! id love to do this, especially since i work for cadillac and can get the parts asap.

Nice car welcome to the Cadillac side of Lincoln:yuck: vs. Cadillac:C :yourock:

:q:q:q:qin looks killer!!!

the grille didnt come with the emblems, if you get them from cadillac theyre going to run you about 20 a pop, since the crest and wreath come seperate. i got mine from one of our body techs who had them from an old job and never put them on. dts grille will run you about 260, you could probably get it painted for 50 bucks or so somewhere.

your attitude here is completely unwanted
you give Lincoln owners a bad name
i pray you leave soon
if not ill ask Joey to "leash" you

getting my dts analog dash cluster soon. will post pics once its installed. i didnt like the analog clusters at first, b ut i drove a dts at work the other day and it changed my mind.

also upgraed the badging to the 03+

next up

painting the rocker moldings/ bumper moldings to match.

getting my dts analog dash cluster soon. will post pics once its installed. i didnt like the analog clusters at first, b ut i drove a dts at work the other day and it changed my mind.

also upgraed the badging to the 03+

next up

painting the rocker moldings/ bumper moldings to match.

You need to change the cams. ETC knows what I'm talkin about. Hummmm....:eek: :cool:

Well, it looks like you have stepped up. I just sold my 97 tc and bought a 98 DeVille , I like it so far, but my love goes to my 94 Fleetwood!

Members online

Back