Brakes?

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
In the 94 continentals does n e one know if the rear brakes are drum or disk.. i can find disks for the front.. but not rear.. and is drum brakes better than disks and is there a way to make it disks in the back?? ide look .. but i dont know where to look.. and im not takin off my tires

All 94 Continentals have four wheel disc brakes. :steering I think the discs are more effieient than the drums honestly. Are you in need of new brake rotors?

Yea i think so.. either that or brake pads.. but they dont stop too good and they squell alot... where can i find the parts i need at?

lilwheezy75 said:
Yea i think so.. either that or brake pads.. but they dont stop too good and they squell alot... where can i find the parts i need at?

discount autoparts....But yeah if its sqeeling that means all the padding has worn off, and the squeel it the metal part of the brake pads hitting the rotor, when you hear that, change your pads.

Disk brakes are also a whole lot better then drums, why I have no idea, but disk brakes push agaisnt the rotor, while drum brakes squeeze it..i have no idea how to put it into terms without my hands...

Also you dont have to take off your tires to see, well some you might, if you can see past your rim, if theres a caliper on your rotor then its disk, if its a black thing surrounding it its drum. And yes you can convert drum to disk, but good luck finding the part for a car like this, but your lucky its already 4 wheel disk.

EDIT: Also, brake pads cost like 20 bucks for a set, which is 2 tires, and I'd advise changing it fast, because 20 bucks for brake pads is a lot better then a couple hundred for new rotors.

Members online

Back