brake light???

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My left brake light wont work, the wierd thing is that the car never came up with the "check left brake light". So i changed the bulb. Still didnt work. So i thought maybe i bought the wrong one so i put the right side bulb in the left one to see if it would work, Nothing!...everything else is working fine as far as the tail lights go. Any ideas?

sounds like a problem with the REM. if it was a problem with the wiring i would think the the REM would pick up on this and give you the message. unless it was shorted out and there was just enough resistance to make it think that the bulb was still working. or it could be that the REM some how knows that the bulb is still good. idk

Do you get a warning message if you remove (and leave out) that bulb? If so, then it's either the REM or high contact resistance in the bulb socket.

Do you get a warning message if you remove (and leave out) that bulb? If so, then it's either the REM or high contact resistance in the bulb socket.

No, No message at all...

my 3rd brakelight is out...no message

my right tail was out...no message

my left front marker was out (don't know if this counts) no message..

my 3rd brakelight is out...no message

my right tail was out...no message

my left front marker was out (don't know if this counts) no message..

On gen II, the 3rd brake light is not monitored. I don't know if this is true for the gen I. I would think that other two would have generated warnings. I've only had two bulbs fail so far (the front left and right turn signals). Both caused a warning message.

You may have a bad bulb receptacle. The receptacle is a cheap plastic thing that will harden and crack over time with heat from the bulb. You can buy a new one at most autoparts stores.

I had a bad receptacle in my right brake light and the way I found out was being pulled over by a cop to inform me (No ticket - thanks officer!). I never did receive a message that the bulb was out. This was a Gen I.

Members online

Back