Bought an '00 LS today! Where's the fuse box? :)

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked up an '00 today! I was on the fence about it, but finally broke down. I am hoping it will be like my SHO experience. I loved that car and have been wanting something like it since. The LS is a notch or two above that car, obviously.

I think I need to replace the valve cover gaskets as I smell burning oil and it hesitated on me slightly one time. I have been reading. :) The cigarette lighter socket does not work, which I need for my XM Roady! OH...I was upset when my mini-micro XM antenna wouldn't work on my trunk!!! I didn't expect the magnet not to work. :) :)

I will order the service manual CD and plan on bidding on an owners manual, but maybe someone can point me to the fuse box and which fuse I might need to replace for that cig lighter? Maybe there is a FAQ with this info, but I haven't found it yet.

Oh yea...As soon as I sell the Mustang, I need to replace the wheels with some silver 5 spoke LS Sport wheels. If anyone knows where I can get a set at a good price, please let me know.

Glad I finally ran across a forum for these cars!

Thanks,
Don

Holy Cow! You guys rock! 5 minutes = answers!!!!!

My wife just tried to light the house on fire by leaving a towel in the oven. House stinks, so the wife and kid are going to grandma's house. Now I can work on the LS tonight!

Thanks!

lsbit said:
Holy Cow! You guys rock! 5 minutes = answers!!!!!

My wife just tried to light the house on fire by leaving a towel in the oven. House stinks, so the wife and kid are going to grandma's house. Now I can work on the LS tonight!

Thanks!

Towel + Oven = Not good food, sorry for you. . .

lsbit said:
OH...I was upset when my mini-micro XM antenna wouldn't work on my trunk!!! I didn't expect the magnet not to work. :) :)

Thanks,
Don

The deck lid is aluminum. There are 3 fuse boxes. One in the trunk, one under the hood and the third on the right side passenger foot well.

I found the correct fuse and replaced it. I have my XM now! I just have my antenna on the rear deck for now and it seems to be working fine.

That oil smell is getting pretty bad though, but only inside the car. Is there a page on replacing those gaskets? If not, I will attempt make one when I do mine. That is of course, if I don't blow mine up doing it. There is a slight hint of coolant smell in the engine compartment also. No steam or anything, just that sweet hint. Temp gauge looks rock steady though. I guess I just need to keep an eye on things there too. I am glad I saw information on the internet about the problems these cars have. If I didn't, I would be freaking out about the oil smell and intermittent miss! I am pretty sure the drivers side rear window regulator was replaced also, as there is a body clip in the wrong place that makes the panel stick out a little.

The smell in the house is getting much better though! :)

Don,

I mounted my Sirius antenna on the dash near the A-pillar. See picture below. Of course when I took that picture i just had it sitting there testing it before I actually mounted the way I wanted. Considering the windshield on the LS is fairly sloped getting reception has not been bad. However, under trees and such it gets blotchy but not for only a second or two. I didn't want it on the outside of the car simple because I think they look unsightly. The LS has great lines and why destroy it with a black box sitting on it.

sirius4.jpg

lsbit said:
The cigarette lighter socket does not work, which I need for my XM Roady! OH...I was upset when my mini-micro XM antenna wouldn't work on my trunk!!! I didn't expect the magnet not to work. :) :)

Oh yea...As soon as I sell the Mustang, I need to replace the wheels with some silver 5 spoke LS Sport wheels. If anyone knows where I can get a set at a good price, please let me know.
e-bay is a good bet for both the wheels and manuals - pickup a service DVD while you're there - I have used mine a lot.

There are three fuse boxes, one in the trunk, one in the passenger foot well, and one under the hood.

The valve gaskets are not complicated to replace but are tough do to the tight areas you have to get a wrench in. Just take your time.

Last edited:
Quik LS said:
- pickup a service DVD while you're there - I have used mine a lot.

I bought the CD off E-bay when I first got the car. Somewhat disappointed.

Is the DVD the Helms (factory) manual. I can't tell from the ads.

Thanks

pragmatic said:
I bought the CD off E-bay when I first got the car. Somewhat disappointed.

Is the DVD the Helms (factory) manual. I can't tell from the ads.

Thanks
right - the CD is a waste - the DVD is a Ford OE - all the shop manuals, TSB, and wiring

Quik LS said:
right - the CD is a waste - the DVD is a Ford OE - all the shop manuals, TSB, and wiring

Whoops. I think I just ordered the CD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back