Bluetooth warning

rainjacks

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just a quick FYI for all of you with bluetooth devices in your cars. A local municipality near me has a system at each traffic light along a popular road that picks up your bluetooth signals as you travel. They use the information to track traffic patterns. That is all they use the technology for currently, but it could very easily be used for speed enforcement if tied to a camera system as well.

I'll be turning off all bluetooth when driving "agressively" from now on.

That's pretty cool, I hadn't heard of any place doing that.

hey just so you know...GOVERNMENT CAN HEAR YOU THREW YOUR CELL PHONE EVEN IF ITS TURNED OFF...YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTERY OUT FOR THEM NOT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU. and i bet whenever someone types BOMB or sumthing it goes right to some database where they can see...online...

hey just so you know...GOVERNMENT CAN HEAR YOU THREW YOUR CELL PHONE EVEN IF ITS TURNED OFF...YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BATTERY OUT FOR THEM NOT TO BE ABLE TO HEAR YOU. and i bet whenever someone types BOMB or sumthing it goes right to some database where they can see...online...

BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB this is the BOMB song

how bout I give the government the F-BOMB :-D

Share, I think we need to take it all away before he's too far gone.

:cool:

There's a new microprocessor being put into condoms now as well.. They know where, when, and in what positions you are trying.. :shifty:

First of all, how could anyone hear you through your cell phone when it is not transmitting voice/data information? If your phone was constantly sending sound somewhere, your battery would die in the same amount of time that it would if you were having a very long conversation. Hence, the 2 quoted battery "lives" for phones; "standby" and "talktime." Even if your cell phone company could somehow do this - how would the government have access to this data? Finally, you think that every 14 year old who texts the phrase, "dats da bomb" to their friend gets put into some sort of FBI database? C'mon man...

Oh, how I love thee misinformed people... Now, granted. There is software out there that can actually do that, but it only SIMULATES the phone being off. Such software is not exactly found at your local Radio Shack though... and it sure as hell isn't included with new phones. Why? Gee, I don't know. One license of the software is around 3 grand?

Just a quick FYI for all of you with bluetooth devices in your cars. A local municipality near me has a system at each traffic light along a popular road that picks up your bluetooth signals as you travel. They use the information to track traffic patterns. That is all they use the technology for currently, but it could very easily be used for speed enforcement if tied to a camera system as well.

I'll be turning off all bluetooth when driving "agressively" from now on.

You don't need to turn you BT off. Just set it to invisible. The reader would have to know the "name" of you BT connection to even attempt to connect. Works similarly to a hidden wifi access point. If you don't know it's there, you won't find it.

You don't need to turn you BT off. Just set it to invisible. The reader would have to know the "name" of you BT connection to even attempt to connect. Works similarly to a hidden wifi access point. If you don't know it's there, you won't find it.

Even when it is invisible it is still sending out a signal if it is in use. Just like a hidden WiFi Access Point (ap). There are a million applications out there such as NetStumbler that you can use to find wifi APs that aren't broadcasting their SSIDs. Even with SSID broadcasting turned off you can still get their MAC addresses and determine if they require encryption. The same is true for bluetooth devices. This municipality simply has ruggedized Linux boxes with antennas operating on Bluetooth's frequency. They don't have to associate or connect to the device in anyway to see the signal go past and log the time. Of course, my BT headset doesn't have an invisible setting. It is on, or it is off.

Trust me on this, I do it for a living.

All that being said, there is no reason to put on a foil helmet. And no, the government isn't listening to a damn word any of you say. For example:

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb

The FBI sucks

the government should be forcefully and violently overthrown. . .

Nope, no FBI agents yet. I'll let you know if and when they show up. I hate to break it to you conspiracy theorists, but the government is no where near as bad as you make it out to be. Sorry, your lives suck on their own. There is a "Man" keeping you down, but it isn't the government. the "Man" is you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back