Blower Motor Disconnected?

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. ~Mike~

~Mike~ LVC Member

Hello all, 97 LSC that sits for long periods of time.

I noticed after sitting all winter that the blower no longer works. I'm aware of the tech article on the loose connections and figured it would be a great start. However after taking a look, it seems that the harness was completely disconnected and just hanging behind the glove box. I can't find where it has disconnected from though. There is however a hole in the blower motor. Might there once have been a connection that has broken off from there? I'm kinda lost on this one as i never let anyone touch the car and it would be strange for the connection to simply be broken off or missing. Am i looking in the wrong spot? That wire harness isn't that long so i would think not. The 2 wire harness also looks a little melted by the contacts.

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

2. OU812IC

OU812IC Well-Known LVC Member

The hole on top is nothing to worry about. Best description I can give you is it is a vent line kinda. The idea is that there should be a hose that goes from the round hole back to the evap case some where. I never found it on my mark either but have seen them on many other cars.
    I think the plug is closer to between the firewall and the back of the blower motor. Mine was filled with water for the seal leaking. I split the controller box open and dried it out and cleaned up the connections.

Du