Better late than never, I guess...

TheDude

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Bush renews attempts to capture Osama bin Laden

"In a last ditch effort to capture Osama bin Laden before leaving office, President Bush has enlisted the help of British special forces, the Times Online reported Saturday.

The article cited “defense and intelligence sources in London and Washington” as having confirmed the information. “If he [Bush] can say he has killed Saddam Hussein and captured bin Laden, he can claim to have left the world a safer place,” said a US intelligence source."

Full: http://rawstory.com/news08/2008/06/14/bush-renews-attempts-to-capture-osama-bin-laden/

Funny how Bin Laden becomes more important in election year.

Bush is not running yes but Bin Laden's (unlikely) capture before the election would certainly give the Republicans a boost and concievably tip the election.
And if he doesn't capture Bin Laden after making this purported all out effort it will be seen as another failure by our wishful thinking president.
Bin Laden will be trotted out and used by both parties trying to gain a political advantage.
We will probably see a video from Bin Laden near election time,(like in 2004) talking directly to the American people, trying to influence the outcome, while taunting Bush for being a chump and not getting him.

Here's some fun from the cartoonists:

bush_binladen.jpg

osama_bush_captured.jpg

bush_saddam_platter.jpg

afghanistone.jpg

osama_iraq.jpg

taliwars.jpg

osama_specialforces.jpg

turbanator.jpg

osama_vault.jpg

taliban_women.jpg

Gift for you Guys

Though a bit of a non sequeter
for this thread I thought you guys would enjoy this:

This is a beautiful photo of a giant American flag in Arizona The photo is authentic, UN-Touched and was taken on regular Kodak 35mm film. The person who took the picture couldn't believe the image created by the suns rays.
Nice of them to share it with the world!
Read what is says under the picture...

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us...pass this on

Arizona_flag.jpg

This may go slightly off topic but I have been thinking about something.

Before I get the patriots back hand I do not intend this to cause any debate or flamage it is just a thought.

Would it be wise for us to announce the capture, detaining, and execution of Bin Laden? I as well as most of the sane United States would love to be aware of this but it could then create a even lager uprising among the Islam'O Fascists would it not? Would we be in the situation at this moment to handle more and more insurgencies do to this?

I doubt that they have captured him at this time and are just holding it from us. But when in the future if they do capture him could it be held from the public as a strategy till things cool down( as if they ever will anyway )

It would be better to kill him during a raid or bomb run.
Putting him on trial would be a tremendous blunder on our part as it would basically give him a platform to rally his followers behind him.

Would it be wise for us to announce the capture, detaining, and execution of Bin Laden?

We should vote for and put Obama in office. He wants to 'capture' Osama and put him on trial where he will get off because the U.S. will fail to prove it's case against him in a New York court where a wack-job liberal judge will be presiding.

It would be better to kill him during a raid or bomb run.
Putting him on trial would be a tremendous blunder on our part as it would basically give him a platform to rally his followers behind him.

Thats what I am waiting for but it would still stir up a hornets nest not?

Thats what I am waiting for but it would still stir up a hornets nest not?
Sure it would still up some trouble but nothing like putting him on trial.
Osama is a chessplayer to Bush's checkers and would play the courts along with the worldwide publicity a trial would generate to his advantage, recruiting more followers and generally hoisting us on our own petard.

I say give him life in prison, in the general population. He won't live long there anyway, and he may have a few nice encounters with a man named "Tiny" before he goes to see his 71 virgins. :D

Members online

Back