Best Oil to use in ls v8

This is the list of the top oil in descending oil
1. Amsoil - if you can find it, or order it
2. Royal Purple - What I use, but it is expensive here ~$7/qt
3. Mobil 1 - Time tested, Tried & True oil for the LS
4.... Who cares after these three

I used to use royal purple in my rides, but now i just stick to Mobil 1 full synthetic, they have the new synthetic for higher mileage im currently using that. And my LS seems to love it.....

WalMart Super Tech Full Synthetic. Every 10k miles with a factory Motorcraft Filter.

What.

OEM Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5w20 from Walmart at just over $2 a quart and FL2021 filter.

got my first change coming up. will be using mobil 1 fully synthetic but what viscosity? 5w20 5w30? havent checked my manual in a while...

10w40 Motul Syntethic I upgraded the number because the weather here is very hot

got my first change coming up. will be using mobil 1 fully synthetic but what viscosity? 5w20 5w30? havent checked my manual in a while...
Check the manual. 2nd Gen LSes have 5W20 specified, but I seem to recall hearing that the 1st Gens use 5W30.

10w40 Motul Syntethic I upgraded the number because the weather here is very hot

I hear you, I always run higher viscosity here in Phoenix and I get raised eye brows, and grumbling etc from people. I also run EBC red brake pads (on another car) and they require no temp warm up time......because it's HOT here!

So I run Castol Syntec 5W-50.....looking to replace the factory filter with a K&N if I can find one.....

But in short, if your desire is to get 150k to 200k out of your engine? I can almost assure you that if you go with the manufacturers recommended MotorCraft oil and filter? Your engine will be just fine.

What does outdoor temperature have to do with selecting oil viscosity other than for the cold rating in cold environments (warmups). Even if in "your climate" the average temp is 115 if your car is running correctly the oil/engine temp will be the exact same as somebody in 50 degree weather right? These engines are liquid cooled and have an oil cooler to boot.

Members online

Back