Best Deadener? eDead - FatMat - Dynamat

JPsBored

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Which of these have you guys used and are happy with?

1. Elemental Designs eDead v1²

2. FatMat eXtreme

3. Dynamat Xtreme

Anny info would be great, Thanks

I like my FatMat. Very easy to work with and it doesn't stink for very long after you put it on the car and get it warmonce or twice.

i have fatmat all over the car and it made a huge difference on the sound quality. the only thing is that it won't sound as loud from the outside but on the inside it sounds louder than without it by far. much recommended and it's cheaper than dynamat. my $0.02

Well read thru http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Heres what his results say...

"I would have no qualms about using SecondSkin Damplifier or Damplifier Pro, Dynamat Xtreme, RAAMmat BXT or B-Quiet Ultimate. That said, two product lines stand out - one of these will meet your requirements.

Highest Quality
Second Skin's products live up to their "Over Engineered to Over Perform" motto. They are clearly a higher quality alternative to Dynamat Xtreme - designed for greater heat tolerance, with higher quality materials.

If quality is your most important requirement, Second Skin Damplifier or Damplifier Pro are the obvious choices. Dynamat Xtreme is close, but being more expensive and not as good isn't a winning combination. I congradulate Second Skin Audio for their obvious dedication to providing the best product possible.

Best Value
RAAMaudio's RAAMmat BXT is a high quality product priced to compete with asphalt mats. If you are considering an asphalt sound deadener based on price, please reconsider.

Remember, you are not just buying square feet, you are buying mass. Most of the asphalt mats are thinner and the lighter than the butyl products. This means you will need more layers to accomplish the same result. The only close comparison is eDead v1SE vs. RAAMmat. They are close in weight and thickness, despite the fact that Elemental Designs significantly overstates the density of their products.

If I were to repeat my own installation - 300 square feet of damping mat - here's how it would price out for RAAMmat BXT and eDead v1SE, shipped:

RAAMmat BXT $594.00
eDead v1SE $513.00

There is only $81.00 between the two.

If you use less, the difference will be smaller. This is not even close. Buy the RAAMmat BXT.

If you only needed 100 square feet:

RAAMmat BXT $198.00
eDead v1SE $171.00

That's just $27 dollars.

If you really need to do this in the absolutely least expensive way and are not convinced or concerned by the demonstrated inferiority of asphalt based sound deadeners, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a roll or two of Peel & Seal. This is the least expensive option and you won't have to worry about shipping costs. I can see no difference in Peel & Seal and the asphalt based aluminum skinned products in this review. If you are going to live dangerously, do it right.

I hope this helps."

Id say the best sound deadener would be second skin Damplifier Pro. I thought it was all the same stuff, till i tried to remove it.

Members online

Back