BB wire wheels.

Gray Mist

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Any great ideas how to get my BB wheels nice and shiney? Showing their age and would like an easy solution to making them look like new.

The wheels are actually modular. There is a hub that holds all 60 spokes in place. If you unbolt the hub, the spokes will come out. The spokes are not structural to the wheel. This allows for a serious cleaning. It's some work, but like anything, you get what you invest.

Here we go again.....The BB wheels are not baskets. The red center pops off like a hubcap to acess the lugnuts. The spokes are part of the wheel.

Come on OLDSCHOOL.....help me out here!

Dsc00516r.jpg

Gray Mist said:
Here we go again.....The BB wheels are not baskets. The red center pops off like a hubcap to acess the lugnuts.

The red center is a hubcap. What most people call hubcaps today are really wheel covers.

If you take off your wheel and unbolt the central hub from the back, you will play 60 stick pick up. It WILL happen. I know this, because someone more masochistic than me has done it and told me about it. Thankfully, I'm an alloy wheel kind of guy. :D

Thanks Oldschool!!!

A pic is worth a thousand words! however no one has answered my "original" question.

Gray Mist said:
A pic is worth a thousand words! however no one has answered my "original" question.

I first used this on turbines and then moved over the the 90's cast and lastly, used them on a set of 60 spoke wire wheels. By following thier directions to the letter, I've had fabulous results.

oldschool1008.thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!

Torquemonkey....Thanks for the links.

Oldschool....Thanks for the info, this looks like it'll take right about the effort I want to put in to it. Spray it on and hose it off.....I like that.

Gray Mist said:
Torquemonkey....Thanks for the links.

Oldschool....Thanks for the info, this looks like it'll take right about the effort I want to put in to it. Spray it on and hose it off.....I like that.
You're welcome.
If the wheels are off the car, then use the dry rag method until you can't use it anymore.

The spray needs to be used exactly as directed for optimal results. No. I don't have stock in the company but I do have some BAD ASS wheels :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back