Bad News

LSC HUNTER

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
December 29th my wife was involved in an accident, she was driving her Grand Prix GTP which is a total loss. She hit black ice and spun into on coming traffic. She is ok, just banged up and sore but in all this we lost our family dog. He had a weak heart from birth and we knew about it so we always watched for him that way. I think the shock from the accident was more than he could take and he passed in my arms about 7 hours after the collision. He has been a part of our family since he was 7 1/2 weeks old for the last 7 years.

If you have a pet you most likely know what I mean when I say cherish every moment you have with them. If you don't have a pet just cherish every moment you have with family and friends.

BB Download 005 (Medium).jpg

BB Download 007 (Medium).jpg

BB Download 008 (Medium).jpg

Coal.jpg

Glad you guys are ok. I know what you mean on pet. I have a dachshund that ive had since he was 6 minths old. He is now 5. He follows me everywhere and loves to sit on my lap. Would tear me up if somethin happened to him. Hes one of my kids pretty much.

Cars can be replaced but family cant.

Glad your wife is ok and made it through without anything broken. Very sorry to hear about your dog. After 7 years, you do become attached. I have an American Pit bull Terrier and she has been with us for about a year now. She acts just like a person and was house broken when I got her for my son. Anyway, the main thing is that your wife made it through. The story could have very easily been the other way around but thankfully, it wasn't. Cars can be replaced but people and animals can't. Try to find another puppy to help cheer you and your wife up for the new year. Everything will work out for the both of you. Here is a pic of my dog riding down the road with me. She wears a seat belt but I haven't been letting her ride with me much anymore.

Her name is Miley and is about 2 years old.

2011-11-23Miley.jpg

Thanks everyone, thoughts are very appreciated.

Terry, my oldest step daughter has already sked that we not get another dog and I can see her point. She was very attached to this guy as we got him for the girls as a Christmas present in 05 4 months after thier grandfather passed. He was a gift from Grampa and that is why his name was Coal. Grampa always teased the girls that they were going to get a lump of coal in thier stockings. He really was a lump at 7 1/2 weeks.

I think a new dog will be a year away when the oldest is gone to university 16 hours away that way she cannot get too attached. We will see.

My guy would not do the seat belt at all and he always sat behind the fron passenger seat as that was where he could see you when you were driving so he took a good hit on impact. I was surprised he even survived the accident. My wife is pretty shook up as she is blaming herself because she was thinking to stop and turn around just as it hapened.

Guys, again thank you all for your kind words from me and my family. May you all have a Happy New Year.

As for getting another dog, some people just like having one all the time (my mother being one of them) but if something ever happens to the one I have now, I'll never get another one either. As for the seat belt, I just put it on her for the fun of it. If I was to ever hit someone or someone hit me, that seat belt wouldn't do her a bit of good. She would fly right out of it. It's just funny that she'll wear one without squirming out of it.

It's not the wife's fault that it happened. I'm sure if she knew she was in that type of danger, she never would have drove the car to begin with. She shouldn't blame herself for it. All things happen for a reason and she shouldn't beat herself up about it. She made it through a crash like that and that's the best part and she is alive to see 2013.

You and the family have a Happy New Year also! Maybe this one will be better than 2012 was. :confused:

@ LSC HUNTER

Sorry about that man, terrible loss. All the best to your wife and you.

I have a three year old pure breed German Shepard.

Really sorry to hear about your dog, glad your wifes ok, she took a hell of a hit

Members online

Back