back up camera

n8bachelor

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install a 4-channel amp and speakers to go with my Pioneer avh-4700 head unit and want to throw in a reverse camera too. I know the reverse lights are negative triggered and cameras are typically constant ground with positive trigger. What sort of relay, switch, or gizmo do I need to activate the camera with the shift to reverse?

Thanks in advance for the help.

do you even want to be able to see the camera when not in reverse?

I picked up an Alpine pdx-f4 amp that is rated for 100x4 rms at either 2 or 4 ohms. The front is a set of kicker 6.5" KS series components. Planning to surface mount the tweeters opposite the side mirrors but have the option to combine with the mid like a coaxle if that doesn't work.

I'm planning to run 30-100hz to the rear and 80hz high pass to the front, but will adjust by ear I needed. Going to dampen the doors with stinger road kill. Already covered the rear deck top and bottom.

Need to pick up some power wire and figure out which side of the trunk to mount the amp. My 06 has the factory amp on the driver side but the pass side is closer to the battery. I'm planning to replace the trunk light with some led strips for better light in the back.

Still need some recommendations on the rear view camera too. Pioneer wants an arm and leg for theirs compared to others on Amazon but I just dont know how to judge them. Any recommendations?

I had a Boyo reverse camera on my old LS and I liked it. Got it off ebay for like 100 bucks, but the camera is built in to a metal license plate bracket so it is theft-proof and sleek.

Members online

No members online now.
Back