Audio subwoofer question

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I noticed my subs not sounding right and decided to investigate. I have a JL 10" power wedge box with
2 10" JL 10 w3v2-d2 speakers. One of the speakers foam surround is shot. The speakers are outdated and I cant find a new one. I see foam repair kits on ebay, is it worth a shot??? Are those kits pieces of crap??? Am I better off seeing how much it would cost to have JL repair it??? What is my best option to try and keep cost down.

jl sub.jpg

jl sub.jpg

Reconing is somewhat easy. Go to the forum on caraudio.com and search around for recone tutorials.

Thanks, that is the place I found and was looking to order from. My other speaker I had replaced a couple of years ago so it is newer than the one that crapped out. I guess I will be trying this first for the price and see how it goes.

you could try this

http://www.simplyspeakers.com/jl-audio-speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-10jl.html

at the price, its probably worth a shot compared to having to replace the subs.

if you do try to repair it, i would probably get a kit with parts to do both speakers (because unless something in the trunk caused that damage, the other speaker is probably about to go too)

Thanks, that is the place I found and was looking to order from. My other speaker I had replaced a couple of years ago so it is newer than the one that crapped out. I guess I will be trying this first for the price and see how it goes.

You should be alright. Just watch a few YouTube vids, read, and be careful. Oh, no beer until after this one lol, not during.

Members online

Back