** attention all who had dorman degas bottle problems please read!**

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I talked with a Distributor Marketing Manger about the Dorman Degas Bottle short Life failure rate. I had one that went in less than about 9 months that caused me many headaches, and 3 checkout charges at the Ford Dealerships. They were curious to know others experience.

If you had a problem with the Dorman Degas bottle failing, please post here, with about how long before it failed, and if you had a 2nd or 3rd one fail. Let see if this results in anything. I know many have had problems and missed the advise of not to use them. Then some have not had a problem. Please post and past it on to any other you know that had problems and ask them to post. This is to try and result in something positive. Not a Rant or product put down. Thank you.

I don't want to be a negative nancy ... but it won't result in anything. I've heard of people getting replacements since it apparently has a lifetime warranty but why would u want to replace something that fails prematurely with something that fails prematurely?

To humor the thread, mine lasted 7 months and probably 7-10k miles.

I agree. A lifetime warranty isn't worth anything in this case considering the pain in the a $$ it is to change the bottle.

More humoring...1st failed in 5 months and 2nd failed the first time I took the cap off after the initial bleeding of the system. The cap IMO is the biggest problem, mine never lasted long enuf to crack.

I don't want to be a negative nancy ... but it won't result in anything. I've heard of people getting replacements since it apparently has a lifetime warranty but why would u want to replace something that fails prematurely with something that fails prematurely?

To humor the thread, mine lasted 7 months and probably 7-10k miles.

Exactly, nothing will result if the problems are not posted. What do you have to lose? We all know there have been a large amount of failures. Thanks for your post.

That looks like the Dorman bottle. Most Dormans can take the stock cap. How long have you had it in??

I had one, it lasted less than a year but due to my actuator being faulty the car continued over heating and it cracked, bought it through amazon, amazon can't help with the warranty and gave me a email address to the seller, never heard back from them, purchased another, yesterday it was installed with a new actuator, let's see if it holds up now, just waiting for the weather to get hot again to put it to the real test

That looks like the Dorman bottle. Most Dormans can take the stock cap. How long have you had it in??

Incorrect. Factory or OEM replacement caps DO NOT fit the Dorman bottle. The threads are visibly different. The thread pitch is completely different. It may seem like it fits but I promise you it doesn't fit correctly and will not seal to 16psi. AFAIK you cant buy a Dorman cap by itself. I havent talked to Dorman but there are no stores or sites I have found that sell the Dorman cap. Now if Dorman has changed the design recently....thats a different story.

Incorrect. Factory or OEM replacement caps DO NOT fit the Dorman bottle. The threads are visibly different. The thread pitch is completely different. It may seem like it fits but I promise you it doesn't fit correctly and will not seal to 16psi. AFAIK you cant buy a Dorman cap by itself. I havent talked to Dorman but there are no stores or sites I have found that sell the Dorman cap. Now if Dorman has changed the design recently....thats a different story.

No its not. Mine fit the Factor Ford cap fine. And I've seen post from others that said theirs fit also. Maybe here was different Dormans or they changed it.

They must have changed it since February this year. Thats when I installed a Dorman bottle in a friends T-Bird (against my recommendation) and the factory cap did not fit. The cap didn't the 6 previous bottles I have installed in my car and others.

Same here, I just installed a Dorman bottle and a new motorcraft cap, it seems to be working fine.

Maybe they have changed the design because of so many failures and lack of availability of the cap. I would like to see a profile pic of the dorman bottle threads to see the if the pitch has changed.

Members online

Back