asham 8???

crownvicjim

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ive read on here a couple guys who have a module to control the air ride whenever they want. i thought it was called an asham 8 or ahsam 8 but i searched and could not find it. anyone have anymore info on this? i recently sensor lowered my front and i love it, but every once in a while i will drag the air dam in the front. i would like to see how this kit works and maybe do an install. cuz then i could just jack it up before pulling into a steep ramped lot without worrying. thanks.

Realize that the response time isn't immediate, it takes the system a short bit to read the height sensors and then make the proper adjustments. It's less than a minute typically, but when you figure in the time it takes for the system to air up the fronts and then air up the rears. You're probably looking at about a three minute adjustment time.

Needless to say, if you're in traffic and you need an instant adjustment, you're not going to get it with the Asham8. To date there are no kits to give you instant results. Just FYI.

I want to find a spider valve and see if that will speed it up.

question for other ahsam8 guys, what setting do you daily drive at? I used to drive at the highest level of three then I bottomed out and now run at the lowest level of 5

once I get my new rim's I'll try to make a video

"4. Additionally the ASHAM8 manage the door open signal. That’s why because normally the computer don’t react immediately when the height sensor signals changed except if you open and close the door. ASHAM8 simulate door open/close event when you change the ride height with the push buttons. This function works only when the car’s standing because the computer neglect door open signal if the car’s moving."

Regardless, the system checks the height every 45 seconds or when a door is closed. So if you are moving above 5MPH it takes a little longer as 96hotrod said. But if traffic is slow or you come to a stop it will adjust quick.

email the guy about buying one, he will say that he still makes them but he is out currently maybe if you want one he will email you back in a month, tell me what he says. i would probably even prepay, because who wants a module8?

I keep mine at 4 most of the time and for the Highway but it all depends on how its adjusted.. when I cruise around town slow I put it all the way down sometimes but thats going slow, then raise it backup to 4 when im messing around.. and it is weird it does sometimes take a little bit to respond but is pretty nice to have..

To date there are no kits to give you instant results. Just FYI.

Yes there are...................

Do a search of the technical articles on markviii.org.

You will see multiple diagrams that install switches to controll the front and rear. Really simple to do if you can read and replicate something from a schematic.

Mike

The only problem with those it not knowing the height of the car if you are on the inside. Also, it kills the automatic end of things so no more auto-leveling and such once you make one adjustment. I also did one of those kits but the Module VIII came out just in time.

If you doing it for show, then its great. You can kneel the car and such.

Not true.............

There is a version that adds a 3rd switch to "kill" the automatic functions and allows you to do what you will with the ride height.

When done fiddling with things, Just flip the switch and the computer takes back over...........

Not true.............

There is a version that adds a 3rd switch to "kill" the automatic functions and allows you to do what you will with the ride height.

When done fiddling with things, Just flip the switch and the computer takes back over...........

That I did not know, nice.

Not true.............

I just installed my own, but I was saying that there are not currently ones for sale. If you can build your own then yes, it's pretty simple if you understand basic 12 volt electrical wiring. But if you're looking for something pre-assembled and ready to install when you get it, then no. Unless you want the Asham8.

But stick around, I might start building it, if I think it's worth the hassle!

Members online

No members online now.
Back