Are front and rear captains chairs upolstery same? How about frame?

nightfly

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The front seats leather on my 98 Navigator is falling apart. The backs are fine. They look almost identical. So, if I just pick up a pair of back seats how much is the same that I can transfer to the fronts (even the foam is falling apart on the front ones)? Are the upright parts on the back seats the same other than the armrest mounts (minus any lumbar supports of course)? How about the lower seat cushions? I want to be prepared before taking the seats out of the truck to work on them, and have some kind of idea how long it will take me to fix them. new seatcovers are going for almost $500 per front chair; a pair of back seat captains chairs I can fine on ebay for half that. Has anyone tried this?

OK, I guess no one knows. When I get settled into my new digs in a few months, I'll strip the front seats and replace the covers with ones from the rear seats. The measurements seem to match, so it's only the stuff under the bottom of the seats that might be different, and I can deal with that. Check this space in January.

My friend i thought the same
They are different I know cause I did it . I bought the rear folding seats that go all the way down.instead of just pulling up for 3rd pass entry .the back bottom seat cover is just a little shorter you can make it work but you really have to stretch them you can also just use the rear seat pan but you will not have the heated seat element

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.
Back