Are 11's possible without a power adder?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are 11's possible without a power adder?

If so - how would you do it?

Doubt it.

I very seriously doubt that 11's are possible without a power adder. Most guys cant get 11's with an adder. Guess it would be possible to take a Mark into the 11 second range NA with a big mountain motor. Just dont think it would be based on the 4.6. I would love to be proven wrong though.

bufordtpisser said:
I very seriously doubt that 11's are possible without a power adder. Most guys cant get 11's with an adder. Guess it would be possible to take a Mark into the 11 second range NA with a big mountain motor. Just dont think it would be based on the 4.6. I would love to be proven wrong though.

I think you could do it.
http://musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_051100_shot/
if you can get a mustang to do it, y not a mark?

id say, race cams, head porting, sulivan intake, 4.30's and all the little goodies that go along with it could get you into at the least very low 12's. especially if you get the upgraded valve train that lets you rev past 8000 without worries, or w/e that job is.

Jibit said:
possible yes, streetable no!

depends on what you concider streetable? Daily driver? or streetable? 2 diff things.

Mustangs, all Mustangs

MrWilson said:
I think you could do it.
http://musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_051100_shot/
if you can get a mustang to do it, y not a mark?

id say, race cams, head porting, sulivan intake, 4.30's and all the little goodies that go along with it could get you into at the least very low 12's. especially if you get the upgraded valve train that lets you rev past 8000 without worries, or w/e that job is.

All of those cars were Mustangs. 500 lbs or more lighter. It would take serious HP to get a 4000 + lb Mark VIII into the 11's. Just remember, I did not say impossible, just that I seriously doubt it. And the cost factor alone would make Power Adders much more economical. Stroked 5.4, tubed, lightened, 9" rear with steep gears = very possible = very expensive.

bufordtpisser said:
All of those cars were Mustangs. 500 lbs or more lighter. It would take serious HP to get a 4000 + lb Mark VIII into the 11's. Just remember, I did not say impossible, just that I seriously doubt it. And the cost factor alone would make Power Adders much more economical. Stroked 5.4, tubed, lightened, 9" rear with steep gears = very possible = very expensive.

no mention of price restrictions.

I do want it streetable and passing emmissions - streetable as a daily driver

MrWilson said:
depends on what you concider streetable? Daily driver? or streetable? 2 diff things.

Not IMO, they are the same thing. Any car that I don't feel comfortable driving in any conditions (shine, rain, or snow) is not streetable. Also, streetable needs to also be street legal. Now, I can make any car streetable based on your analysis just as long as you can control your foot.

IMO no, not streetable anyways. to do it would require at least 500-600 RWHP, high compression and a steady diet of high octane racing fuel. but if your wallet is fat who knows? I would call the experts at Roush Racing, and get out the plastic.

Joeychgo said:
I do want it streetable and passing emmissions - streetable as a daily driver

lol, yeah...im going with no. Its hard to get a true drag car to do 11's and be good as a daily driver and make emmisions. Id immagine itd be harder to do it with another 500-1000lbs.

Joey, I would say that with the 5.0 Cammer motor (4.6 based), tires, gears, converter, exhaust, tune, and all the other little add on goodies, it could be done. I believe that motor is 400 hp before add-ons. The 03/04 Cobras are running 11's with only appx 450 rwhp and that's without a lot of other mods other than pulley and tune. And those things are boats too! It would be expensive, but it sure would be fun to try!

If you strip the Mark down a little bit you can get closer to the weight of a Mustang. I don't see that being a huge issue.

welp im gonna try to get a mod motor built up for low 12's mabey high 11's N/A by this time next year... mark8 alum block .020 overbore, 302 stroker kit, stage 2 shm cams, high rev valvetrain with double valve springs for 8000 rpm rev limit (hopefully), stage 2 mach1/cobra heads (shm also) and probabily sulavin intake, and all the little goodies i need to upgrade along with that. ill figgure out the exhaust once it gets in the car. (prolly gonna have geno do that) The motor will probabily be finished by christmas 06, and on the street in the spring of 07. We will see then. This is a very ambitious project for me, but i think ittl be a reality within the timeframe i setup for myself. Im gonna need a lot of help with this project, im sure ill get a bunch of help from yall here on LVC. When im done with it, ill try to answer your question about 11's NA on a street car. i think 12s though.

PS: im gonna keep it as sleeper as possible.

MrWilson said:
welp im gonna try to get a mod motor built up for low 12's mabey high 11's N/A by this time next year... mark8 alum block .020 overbore, 302 stroker kit, stage 2 shm cams, high rev valvetrain with double valve springs for 8000 rpm rev limit (hopefully), stage 2 mach1/cobra heads (shm also) and probabily sulavin intake, and all the little goodies i need to upgrade along with that. ill figgure out the exhaust once it gets in the car. (prolly gonna have geno do that) The motor will probabily be finished by christmas 06, and on the street in the spring of 07. We will see then. This is a very ambitious project for me, but i think ittl be a reality within the timeframe i setup for myself. Im gonna need a lot of help with this project, im sure ill get a bunch of help from yall here on LVC. When im done with it, ill try to answer your question about 11's NA on a street car. i think 12s though.

PS: im gonna keep it as sleeper as possible.
when did you win the lottery?

JC1994 said:
when did you win the lottery?

i didnt, im in college, so i dont have any real financial responcabilities, and im makin $10 an hour, so the moneys not realy gonna be that much of an issue.

Mr. Wilson, you have the right parts in mind but you need a budget upwards of $10,000 to get everything done right.

I am just curious as to why some of you are aiming for 11's N/A? I am not knocking it in any way, just want to see why your going for it in N/A form?

95LSC32V said:
Mr. Wilson, you have the right parts in mind but you need a budget upwards of $10,000 to get everything done right.

yeah, i was just pricing everything out today, and it came to about $11.5...so, iv changed my mind on whats going down...im gonna forge the internals (ill see about the stroker kit still, i hope ill still be able to afford it though) get the heads ported, mildly upgrade the valvetrain, and put a kenne bell 1.7 on top. that comes to anywhere from about $7000-$8000 (pre install).

MrWilson said:
yeah, i was just pricing everything out today, and it came to about $11.5...so, iv changed my mind on whats going down...im gonna forge the internals (ill see about the stroker kit still, i hope ill still be able to afford it though) get the heads ported, mildly upgrade the valvetrain, and put a kenne bell 1.7 on top. that comes to anywhere from about $7000-$8000 (pre install).

Well that Sux! I was hoping to see a huge N/A Drivetrain for your car. Ah well whatever smokes your tires :D

There is a guy on the T-Bird boards running 12.2's with a NA SOHC 4.6, so I do not see it being an impossibility with the Mark VIII.

Members online

Back