Araparts ignition coils?

Terrapin88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? Nothing came up with a forum search. I did find out the coils are made by our good friends in China. They are so inexpensive ($70 shipped on Ebay) that I'm both dying to and afraid to try them at the same time. Would love 8 Motorcrafts but I'm not emotionally invested in this car enough yet to blow a big hole in my budget right this minute. If they fixed my 98's surging and lasted a year I'd be satisfied.

I can't find anything negative online about the Arapart coils so I ordered a set of 8. I should have them by the end of the week so we'll see how they are.

I went with Summit because there was a decent number of positive reviews of them on Mustang forums, and they're supposed to be a little "hotter" than stock which is never a bad thing. Same thing with the spark plugs - they're the "gold standard" of any 4v Mustang or Marauder tuneup.

Yeah I looked at those and they sound good but money is definitely and object right now.

Edit: I ordered the Araparts coils from Ebay on Monday and they arrived today. CA to MA in under 3 days. So far so good. If the rain would let up I'd go pop them in today.

I got the 8 coils popped in today and went for a long test drive. I drove up as many hills as I could find @ 1000-1200 rpm's and no bucking or stuttering. It's like a different car now. Much more responsive and powerful with the new coils. It's like the motor is fully awake now. Best $70 bucks I've spent on that car yet.

Obviously I can't comment on durability/reliability of these coils yet, but for $70 shipped Priority for 8 coils even if they all drop dead in a year I'll be satisfied.

I was tempted to buy some no name coils on eBay too, but I'd rather stick with names I've at least heard of. Probably going to go with the Summit coils too.

I've read a few things about people buying random coils and having them fail within a year or two. Might want to keep an eye on that.

Oh I hear you Septimus and feel the same way. Sometimes it seems like everyone on the net has a story about how they, or a friend, or a guy at work etc. heard somewhere about how someone bought some cheap coils online and it ruined their whole life, but after doing a little research on Araparts I decided to take a chance on them. The coils came in Araparts branded boxes. According to their website, Araparts offers a 1 year warranty and a 60 day returns policy. That, the positive posts I've found scattered on the interwebs about Araparts products and the $70 shipped for 8 coils opened my mind enough to give them a shot. We'll see how long they last, but for now I am satisfied and am able to check one more thing of the car "to do" list. I took the $300+ that I could have spent on 8 coils at an auto parts store and had some much needed exhaust work done today.

From the Araparts website: "All of our products come with a standard 1 year warranty" "We allow 60 days from the date of order for the product to be returned. The returned items must be in new salable condition and they must be received by the 60th day to receive a refund. The best part is we do not charge a restocking fee!!"

Oh I hear you Septimus and feel the same way. Sometimes it seems like everyone on the net has a story about how they, or a friend, or a guy at work etc. heard somewhere about how someone bought some cheap coils online and it ruined their whole life, but after doing a little research on Araparts I decided to take a chance on them. The coils came in Araparts branded boxes. According to their website, Araparts offers a 1 year warranty and a 60 day returns policy. That, the positive posts I've found scattered on the interwebs about Araparts products and the $70 shipped for 8 coils opened my mind enough to give them a shot. We'll see how long they last, but for now I am satisfied and am able to check one more thing of the car "to do" list. I took the $300+ that I could have spent on 8 coils at an auto parts store and had some much needed exhaust work done today.

From the Araparts website: "All of our products come with a standard 1 year warranty" "We allow 60 days from the date of order for the product to be returned. The returned items must be in new salable condition and they must be received by the 60th day to receive a refund. The best part is we do not charge a restocking fee!!"

Hi I know this was forever ago but in case you get this how did it end up going with the araparts coils? I'm getting 8 coils for my 5.7 Tundra as the coils started failing after 75k miles and then the truck just died in the middle of the road.

Members online

Back