anyone try this yet???

Sapperfire

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to try this stuff

20130727_171438.jpg

Haha right... I'm very skeptical of the "years" advertisment.. lol

Its $20 per box which includes a 1.5oz bottle, 2 micro fiber rags and a 2500 grit sanding block.

I'll take some before and after shots tomorrow.. though I don't really think my car could look much cleaner than it does right now. Its been sitting in storage/rebuild bay for over a year and a half, but still gets a weekly wipe down

I have some similar sh*t made by turtle wax at home that I've used on my car. I used it on the plastic cowl panel by the wiper arms since mine was starting to look a little faded. The turtle wax stuff makes it shine up nicely but probably only lasts for a couple car washes or rains before it wares off..deffinetly not the "years" that they advertise. I tried it on my old back window seal before I changed the glass because it was starting to dry out and look like ass, it kind of worked but I wouldn't recommend using it on anything close to a painted surface since when it gets wet it runs and leaves a film that's a pain to wipe off.

Used it on the truck. So far the truck has been washed 3 times. All the plastics still look like new

I don't have much on the Mark I'd use it on other than the wiper cowl, but mine didn't need it. I tried some on a small area of a spare Mark seat. I wouldnt suggest using it on leather.. makes it kinda hard

I'll take a couple pics tomorrow.

Used it on the truck. So far the truck has been washed 3 times. All the plastics still look like new

I don't have much on the Mark I'd use it on other than the wiper cowl, but mine didn't need it. I tried some on a small area of a spare Mark seat. I wouldnt suggest using it on leather.. makes it kinda hard

Have any before and after pictures?

I'll use whats left on my wife's car this weekend for a better sum of "before" shots. The truck wasn't really a good candidate because it gets a weekly full wash and wax

Well I guess I will have to take pics tomorrow. I don't have any of the bumper cover, front valence, door handles and side trim of my truck from before as I always Black magic'd them. The truck only gets machine washed. Ultimate (I have an unlimited pass) with all the "wax" and "bug remover" and all the other colored crap they spray it with as it gets beaten with giant wet towels. I always had to recoat all the black plastic parts with some kind of shine or else they would look a dull gray.
Truck has been through 6 washes now, three heavy rain storms and about 3000 miles all while always being in the sun and I can tell you that all the plastic parts have stayed nice and black. Not a slimy shiny black but a "new plastics" kind of black. Stuff works.

Well I guess I will have to take pics tomorrow. I don't have any of the bumper cover, front valence, door handles and side trim of my truck from before as I always Black magic'd them. The truck only gets machine washed. Ultimate (I have an unlimited pass) with all the "wax" and "bug remover" and all the other colored crap they spray it with as it gets beaten with giant wet towels. I always had to recoat all the black plastic parts with some kind of shine or else they would look a dull gray.
Truck has been through 6 washes now, three heavy rain storms and about 3000 miles all while always being in the sun and I can tell you that all the plastic parts have stayed nice and black. Not a slimy shiny black but a "new plastics" kind of black. Stuff works.

Only area I would use it for on my mark is the cowl panel, is this something you would recommend?

Sorry guys
I've been super busy lately, all my days off are spent working

On a Mark the only pieces I'd use it on would be the wiper cowl, shock tower covers, headlight cover, the wire channel over the passenger fender and -maybe- the intake box/tube

I definitely recommend it for any vehicle that has those black plastic panels that turn dull grey, stuff is simply amazing.
Just read ALL the directions and follow them like they say. I guarantee you'll be amazed, if not, then you did it wrong

I just used my turtle wax equivelant on my 93 GMC truck's bumper plastic and front air dam/spoiler makes it look real nice..ill have to post some pics

Members online

No members online now.
Back