Anyone running 255/50r16?

Blkdvll

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my car back in Nov. it had three new "Big O" house brand tires, and one old and tired Yoko on the right rear. I had planned on replacing it with a matching tire when the time was right. Well, the time is right and the local Big O is no longer in business. I have an issue of throwing a random tire on there, and if I am going to replace the other back one I am going to switch it up.

SO, the question is. Are any of you running 255/50r16 on the back of these tanks, and if so, can I see pictures?

I dont currently have any pics but i am running that size and while it looks great the cars ride is :q:q:q:q and it will rub over certain dips while on the highway.I even replaced my worn out rear shocks and mounts and the ride still sucks and it still rubs.I will probably go back to stock.

I ran 255/50/16s Falkens on my old 94. It was stock height, didn't rub, and the ride didn't change from whatever generic 225/60s that were on it before. No pics though.

255/50/R16s right here... have never actually taken a corner with them, but even with some hard rear end squat never had a rubbing problem.

launch.jpg

sorry this is the only pic i could find and cause I dont live with my
car I cant get pics right now
I run them all the way around and have never had rubbing problmes

255-50-16.jpg

thanks guys! I really appreciate it! If someone could take a pick down low from straight behind that would be the best.

Infarc: Are those the bfg dr's?

it's hit or miss (pun intended) based on differences in ride height and tire manufacturer..

I went with 245-50-16's and they are a nice tire

Big O? I didnt know Oprah made tires..... she has her fingers in everything.

Anywho I ran 255's on my 97 for a long time with no issues at all. Had Kumuhos and Yokohamas.

I now have Yokohama S-Drives and love them. I have 2000 miles on them and after my last tires I check these ones every day. So far wear is perfect and they are the quietest tires I ever had. They grip like heck too. Ive pulled over 1g in the turns and they just bite. I also like the fact that they start to make a little noise before they completly let go of the road. Nice warning buzzer to chill out. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back